Operations Associate 🔥
CommonLit is an edtech nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that all students, especially students in Title I schools, graduate with the reading, writing, communication, and problem-solving skills they need to be successful in college and beyond. Founded in 2014 as a free instructional tool, CommonLit has grown into a comprehensive program offering a free digital library with over 2,500 high-quality reading passages, a free English Language Arts curriculum for grades 6-10, and a suite of wrap-around services designed to enhance educators’ instructional capabilities. Today, CommonLit’s platform serves 23 million teachers and students in over 75,000 schools across the United States and Latin America.
The Operations team manages the core business operations that allow the organization to run as efficiently as possible. On a day-to-day basis we manage processes related to accounting and finance, human resources, fundraising, legal, and more. Our team is seeking to hire a full time Operations Associate who will support the management of the organization’s internal operations.
The Operations Associate role presents a unique opportunity for an early career individual aiming to learn about business operations and management at a fast-growing, high tech organization making a difference. The role will be responsible for maintaining processes related to human resources, business administration, event planning, and general operations. The ideal candidate is exceptionally organized, and has excellent research and writing skills, strong attention to detail, and a hunger to learn new skills. This is an entry-level position in a fast-growing organization that offers many opportunities for growth and advancement. Previous experience in human resources, people operations, and/or operations management in a fast-paced nonprofit or startup environment is a plus.
- Attend monthly meetings with our HR Business Partner
- Assist with the maintenance of the organization’s HR portal
- Support FTE onboarding and offboarding
- Manage contractors including onboarding, offboarding, and renewal agreements
- Support the design, development, and implementation of new business processes
- Cultivate organizational culture
- Support event planning for the organization’s staff retreats
- Provide IT support and assist with account set-up
- Complete research and administrative tasks as necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work flexibly
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, with strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and desire for feedback
- Preferred but not required: experience in human resources, people operations, nonprofit operations, and/or startups
As an equal opportunity employer, CommonLit values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.