As an OpenStack Engineer, you will join our amazing team to develop and enhance new platforms and products built around the use of OpenStack. While working alongside other technical departments, our Engineering team is committed to providing highly reliable service and using strong technical expertise to bring valuable solutions to our new and existing customers.
If you are a creative problem solver who gets excited by the ways in which technology can change how people work, then you'll love this position! This position is also available on a remote basis.
What You'll Do:
- Develop systems and complete projects with cross functional teams
- Identify areas for improvement and propose solutions for day to day operation and system performance
- Review and implement new tooling to enhance analysis of server operations, log files, and tasks that can be automated
- Define APIs and create standards while working with operational teams to implement and maintain them
- Design solutions against particular performance targets typically found in a web hosting environment
- Work in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban) within a collaborative team
What You'll Get:
- Profit sharing twice yearly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401k plans
- Free weekly lunch and snacks
- A fun, relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
- Awesome company parties and onsite events
- The opportunity to work with an established and growing company comprised of awesome people
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years as a System Administrator in a Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of OpenStack, such as Nova, Cinder, Heat. and Neutron. Knowledge of Ironic is a plus
- Experience automating the deployment and management of systems :
- Extensive knowledge of Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Virtualization (KVM, Xen, VMware) and containerization (Docker, OpenVZ) experience. Container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Marathon/Mesos, ECS) experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Networking such as Open vSwitch
- Advanced proficiency in Linux shell scripting and programming such as Perl, Python, Go
- System design background including:
- High availability for a large number of virtual machines (1000+ for advanced levels)
- Advanced understanding of automated performance leveling/multiple performance levels
- Network storage of various approaches including background in:
- Basic knowledge of hardware implementations like NetApp, EMC, Nimble, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Software defined storage like Ceph and GlusterFS, managing large scale storage clusters with different levels of performance
- Working knowledge of storage transports protocols like NFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO