Lead Product Designer 🔥
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. Biotech R&D is radically transforming our world, but moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
The Product Design team at Benchling is committed to building user experiences that support the scientists who are solving the world’s most important problems. Our work has a direct impact on making scientific workflows more efficient while improving the quality of that research—ultimately helping to drive the biotech revolution.
As the Lead Product Designer, you’ll guide a team in designing for the premier platform in biotech R&D. You will work closely with customers, cross-functional partners and the extended Product Management and Engineering team to bring simplicity, extensibility and consistency to the Benchling user experience.
An ideal fit for this team will be able to balance customer needs and priorities with the goals of our internal R&D team to deliver highly consistent, delightful user experiences at scale.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to define product strategy, scope, and prioritization
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to our customers
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions
- Own the design for high-impact initiatives from research through implementation
- Mentor and grow designers and researchers on your team, helping them to develop and refine their skills
- Contribute to developing a culture of design in a company that recognizes user experience as a key differentiator
- Extensive experience driving the design of software products, ideally SaaS, while maintaining a relentless focus on the customer
- A strong portfolio of relevant design work that conveys an ability to ship successful products
- A track record of working with and affinity for highly complex product architectures
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain the reasoning behind complex decisions
- Experience contributing to a design system for complex software products
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering teams in a fast-moving environment