Head of Global Professional Services
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Global Leader of Professional Services to manage and scale our client-facing professional services organization (PSO). Reporting into the Chief Customer Officer (CCO), you will be responsible for bringing together our existing consulting services functions and setting the strategic direction of the PSO, as well as operational oversight of a network of System Integrators (SIs) to accelerate Twilio product integration services. You will be responsible for leading a team of professional Consultants and Technical Program Managers from Twilio and SIs. You will be responsible for Professional Services revenue, operations, and overall P&L.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading and growing a Professional Services Organization.
- 10+ years experience in professional services consultancy, program management, customer success, or customer support management roles within the enterprise software industry
- 5+ years of experience in planning, executing and managing a billable services organization, ideally including experience in a captive PSO (i.e. part of an independent software vendor, as opposed to a pure consultancy)
- 5+ years of experience and successful track record of owning and driving a services revenue target
- Experience managing System Integrator partnerships
- 3+ years experience with a SaaS or other recurring revenue/service business model; experience with a digital communications solution provider such as SMS, email, telecomm, video
- A passion for customer engagement, and a customer service mentality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
- Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
- Results-oriented business leader
Professional Services Strategy and Planning
- Develop Twilio’s professional services strategy and operational plan, including both in-house services and SI-provided services
- Develop annual revenue plans and profitability targets for professional services
- Partner with R&D teams to develop and refine service offerings that support and accelerate Twilio product revenue
- Contribute to the development of SI training and certification programs
Professional Services Execution
- Set and manage to P&L targets, utilization and billing rates, and other key metrics such as practice growth and margins
- Manage and monitor SI partner performance against established KPIs
- Ensure consultants and SI partners maintain certifications
- Monitor financial metrics and customer satisfaction across the SI partner network
- Forecast the demand for in-house services, and work with regional managers to build, manage and retain headcount
- Drive operational excellence through changes and initiatives that result in higher KPI attainment and business growth
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Delivery Excellence, Customer Experience, and R&D organizations to improve methodologies, tools and programs for consulting engagements
- Optimize communication and knowledge transfer processes with Sales and Customer Success team to ensure ongoing, post-implementation customer value
- Track customer satisfaction and solicit impact stories at the end of engagements for both in-house and SI-provided services
Professional Services is central to Twilio’s continued revenue growth. The Vice President of Professional Services is responsible for designing a comprehensive Professional Services strategy and execution plan to optimize our customer’s use of the Twilio core platform. Providing services that allow our customers to easily integrate into, grow on, and maximize their investment in the Twilio platform increases overall customer satisfaction and maximizes Twilio product revenue. Building a network of System Integrators will extend Twilio Professional Services reach and capabilities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.