Social Media Associate 🔥
States United Democracy Center, a nonpartisan organization focused on the critical role states play in election protection, is hiring a Social Media Associate. The Social Media Associate will help support States United’s growing Communications Department, which includes staff and consultants focused on earned, paid, and digital media. This role will report to the Digital Communications Manager.
The Social Media Associate will support the communications team in amplifying States United’s message on social media, managing our Twitter and Facebook accounts, and assist in the development of new strategies to highlight our work on existing and new platforms, and making sure our channels are a useful resource for journalists, elected officials, and the public.
The States United Democracy Center is a new and growing nonpartisan organization advancing free, fair, and secure elections. We focus on connecting pro-democracy state and local officials, law enforcement leaders, and other partners across the U.S. with the tools and expertise they need to safeguard our democracy. During the 2020 election, then as the Voter Protection Program, we quickly became a go-to resource for state leaders, the press, and partner organizations. By bringing together current and former governors, secretaries of state, attorneys general, and law enforcement leaders for the first time, we helped build a nonpartisan firewall against those trying to undermine democracy. Now as States United, we support these partners in protecting the integrity of elections, holding those who seek to undermine democracy accountable, and preventing acts of political violence.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· In coordination with the Digital Communications Manager:
- create compelling copy, as well as graphics, videos, and other visually engaging content, that highlights States United’s work and drives response online;
- plan and schedule social media calendar across all social media platform for States United and States United’s leadership (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter);
· Provide daily engagement across all social media platforms, with the goal of expanding States United’s audience, increasing brand awareness, and ensuring consistency;
· Support the creation of social media toolkits, guidance, and/or trainings for States United’s leaders, stakeholders, and partners for key moments and best practices;
· Assist in generating regular updates for States United’s leadership on social engagement, trends, and opportunities;
· Monitor and track news and conversations on social media to identify opportunities for our current or previous work to inform the public on key issues;
· Stay abreast of digital marketing industry trends, research new tools, platforms and channels, and identify opportunities to expand States United’s efforts to improve target audience reach and increase engagement; and
· Support the Communications team on projects as needed.
· 1 to 3 years of experience working in social media, communications, or campaigns.
· Excellent writing skills with a focus on accuracy and detail, and the ability to rapidly synthesize complex issues into clear, engaging content.
· Excellent communications skills (listening and verbal) with an ability to partner with team members across different levels and diverse backgrounds.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and be responsive in a fast paced environment and with the ability to effectively manage expectations.
· Good judgment in selecting content for online posts and promotion, as well as in monitoring and moderating social media posts.
· Experience working with diverse communities and committed to acting on the belief that bipartisanship is a critical component of our work.
- Experience in Google ads and Google Analytics.
- Experience using Sprout Social, Cision (Social Listening), Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop, or Premier) and previous experience in creating videos for distribution on social media.
We encourage individuals to submit their application for consideration even if they believe they do not have all of the preferred qualifications.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary will be between $50,000 and $65,000 commensurate to experience as well as 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental plans; matching retirement benefits; generous paid time off.
Our offices are in Boston, MA and Washington, D.C. This position may be remote with a preference for candidates to be based in the Boston, MA or Washington, DC area.
States United Democracy Center is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.