Platform Engineer Devex Team 🔥
At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 180 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as BlackRock, SoftBank and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
In short, we are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a new team focused on our internal Platform and Developer Experience.
If building a reliable platform that supports and boosts the development of Clarity AI products in a sustainable way excites you or if you have a constant need to learn better ways of doing your work, you’ll probably want to keep reading this.
LOCATION: Europe, Remote.
What do we need from you?
- We expect that you want to be a team player (collaborative, open)
- Help us to spread the DevOps culture in the company
- Develop a Self-service product for the Engineering organization (runbooks, common ops, onboarding, platform libraries, etc) that improve our developer experience
- Simplify other teams’ lifes improving their tools, processes, principles and practices.
- Enable stream aligned teams to leverage our platform
- Help us to improve the observability, QA and Build/Release capabilities
- Has from 5-7 years of experience.
- Has some previous experience with cloud and cloud native solutions (AWS and k8s preferred)
- Solid experience in software development with an OO language (Python or Java preferred) (SOLID, OOD, etc)
- Experience working with Agile and Lean software development practices (TDD, pair programming, simple design, collective ownership, trunk base development, etc.)
- Has worked with relational or non-relational databases
- Has experience with the tooling and practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Pipelines definition, Releasing patterns and techniques, CI environments).
- Has interest in the DevOps engineering culture and practices
- Has a Lean/Agile mindset, and always try to deliver continuously, reduce the waste and improve continuously
- Has a small amount of experience in some of the technology used by Clarity AI (aws, k8s, gitlab, Postgres, Mongo, etc.)
- Loves simplicity, and reflects this principle in the code, practices and product
- Has strong communication skills (Must coordinate and work with many different teams)
- Fluent English level (We are an international team)
- Experience developing tooling to improve engineering productivity and/or foundational components (reusable libraries, architecture components, etc.).
- Experience working on Startup, SaaS, cloud-based companies
- Our team comprises professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by an excellent leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with phantom stock options.
- Remote benefits: We offer remote working flexibility
- Training budget: Continued learning is important to us so we provide everyone with a yearly training budget.
- Additional benefits are available depending on your location.
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017