Innovation Lead For Space Transformation Projects 🔥
The Heart of America Foundation®, a national nonprofit, transforms spaces into modern learning environments so students and communities can learn and grow. We are in search of an Innovation Lead to oversee construction and trade work for HOA space transformation projects, and provide support to all HOA programs and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have GC/Trade management or construction background, strong communication and organization skills, be adaptable, willing to flex and support other roles in the organization, and a commitment to HOA’s mission.
This position can be based anywhere in the United States, working remotely with travel to project locations. ( Desired locations - near major airport.) Heart of America offers medical, dental, paid holidays, vacation leave, a 403(b) plan.
At The Heart of America Foundation, we look for people who work with their heads AND their hearts. Talent is essential, but talent is not enough. We are looking for people who are passionate about our mission and goals and who are committed to an organizational culture based on compassion, integrity, respect and cooperation.
1) As part of the Innovation team, supports HOA’s space transformation program and ensure the smooth day-to-day execution of team operations and project execution as it pertains to GCs and trades
- Works with Innovation team leadership to manage and fine tune program offerings
- Creates and/or supports new systems (e.g., timelines, templates, tool kits, contacts) to ensure turnkey processes for day-to-day management of project team operations
- Works with leadership to adhere to project budgets, ensuring project expenditures are reasonable and within defined program budgets
- Ensures overall space transformation program execution and excellence
- Managing and coordinating construction schedule, ensuring that communications are effective, timelines are met and that all aspects of the scope of work are fully upheld.
- Collaborates with construction teams and designers on behalf of team, as needed.
- Liaison between HOA Design team and HOA trade partners to ensure accurate delivery of scope of work and design for each project.
- Perform material quantity take-offs, as required for trade proposals (paint, flooring, ceiling tiles, etc.)
- Maintains frequent and effective communication with subcontractors and HOA procurement to efficiently schedule the work and ensure that materials are ordered in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and monitoring daily construction progress with GCs and subcontractors.
- Ensure work is being performed in a quality manner and in accordance with the drawing deck and technical specifications.
- Coordinates logistical planning and implementation for turn-key project volunteer service experience.
- Develops, maintains and updates project procedures based on current best practices or in response to specific sponsor needs.
- Manages and engages teams of volunteers, including corporate, local and youth volunteers.
- Provides input into design for revitalized transformation spaces.
- Building, construction, design or architecture experience required
- Demonstrated ability to read, discuss, and/or create contractual documents, construction drawings, specifications, scopes of work, project schedules, shop drawings, and submittals
- A minimum of two years related experience in Project and/or Construction Management (Special Project or Tenant Fit Out experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with general contractors and subcontractors (and other stakeholders) related to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management, etc.
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in Project or Construction Management preferred
- Demonstrated interest in architecture, construction, and/or design
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with volunteer management and support
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheets, Salesforce, Procore (or other project scheduling software)
- Basic DIY skills needed; light construction skills preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy, team environment
- Proven project management track record: can establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Highly organized and skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop detailed project plans
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with various stakeholders involved in project process, demonstrating tact, flexibility and discretion
- Must be creative, high energy and flexible
- Must be able to work consistently with remote colleagues on a day-to-day basis and juggle core duties simultaneously while on site for project execution
- Strong work ethic, self-starter with ability to manage projects remotely
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
- Must meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis
- Ability to conduct presentations in small and large group settings
- Willingness to travel (significant travel is required at times 30 - 40%)
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends at times
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an SUV or minivan
About Heart of America
Over the past 24 years, Heart of America has provided high-quality education resources and transformed spaces in under-resourced schools into modern learning environments so that students and communities can learn and grow. It has served more than two million students in need by distributing more than 4 million books, infusing $4.5 million in technology, and transforming more than 500 school and community libraries, cafeterias, gymnasiums, college and career centers, tech labs, and many more educational spaces across North America.