Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Analytics 🔥
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer, and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. Millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life so families can feel free, together.
About the Job
The Data Engineering, Analytics and Science team (DAS) is responsible for safely collecting, processing and utilizing hundreds of billions of location points and user events every week. We are looking for a technically strong engineering leader who will work directly with stakeholders in Analytics, Marketing, Finance and Product teams to organize, coordinate and drive both the delivery of mission-critical programs and the communication of their impact.
You should have a strong engineering background with a proven track record of success as a Technical Program Manager. More importantly, we are looking for a team player who would be passionate about driving our data and analytics systems and processes with a mission to get them to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for driving the overall lifecycle of central data programs, capturing the impact they deliver
- Be the external face of the programs, working with other stakeholders on behalf of the teams and communicating updates to executive leadership
- Build trusting relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guide teams through refining requirements and setting program, and sprint-level scope
- Coach teams in proper agile processes and procedures
- Proactively manage project milestones and timelines
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs for multiple projects
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Be a proactive problem-solver helping teams to side-step blockers, foresee issues before they arise, and limit predictable issues
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience; Data Science or Data Engineering preferred
- 6+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, directly managing the delivery of large, technically complex (full stack) software product development programs, preferably in the Analytics or DataLake/Warehouse space. Mobile experience beneficial
- Strong background in Agile development processes and rituals
- Superior communications skills: interpersonal, written, and presentation. Able to own outward communications for key programs
- Superior organizational skills: notes, formal documentation, task assignment
- Proven ability to understand and breakdown complex programs and projects into manageable pieces, organize cross-functionally and drive execution to business outcome
- Ability to quickly understand context for new projects in a wide variety of multifaceted business settings
- Significant experience with data infrastructure projects (preferably AWS-based)
- Experience with program management tools a plus (JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, etc)
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-3pm PST