Senior Data Engineer, Data Partnerships 🔥
You will be a key member of our Data Partnerships team responsible for efficient and highly resilient, high-volume data pipelines.
You should have a strong engineering and support background and a desire to take ownership of our data systems and drive to make them world-class.
Coordinate onboarding of new data customers and support existing data customers.
Actively monitor the health of the data pipelines and identify opportunities to add or improve automation in data handling.
Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of the data infrastructure.
Minimum 4 years of experience developing and supporting high volume data systems.
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer— and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life — so families can feel free, together.
About the Job
Life360 collects and processes several hundred billion location points, over a hundred billion user events, and billions of miles driven on a monthly basis. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute to enhancing and maintaining our data processing and storage pipelines/workflows for external and internal data consumers. You will be a key member of our Data Partnerships team responsible for efficient and highly resilient, high-volume data pipelines. You should have a strong engineering and support background and, more importantly, a desire to take ownership of our data systems and drive to make them world-class.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop resilient data processing pipelines using a variety of open-source technologies.
- Manage data from ingestion through transformation to delivery, in batch and near real-time.
- Coordinate onboarding of new data customers and support existing data customers.
- Actively monitor the health of the data pipelines and identify opportunities to add or improve automation in data handling.
- Support business customers as they look to answer data-oriented questions in support of business growth.
- Test, harden, and automate new and existing data workflows.
- Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of the data infrastructure.
- Be a key member of a fast-growing data team handling massive scale through sophisticated processing and automation.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience developing and supporting high volume data systems.
- Extensive programming experience: Python/Java preferred.
- Experience in data modeling, writing optimized SQL, and system performance tuning.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the latest open-source data frameworks.
- Experience with AWS-based data-related services.
- Experience evaluating industry trends and technologies.
- Continuous learning to stay up to speed in the fast-moving big data world.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST