Qa Engineer - Machine Learning 🔥
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work with our Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers in their end-to-end solution deliveries. The ideal candidate will pay attention to details and apply critical thinking as well as statistical knowledge to big data and machine learning models. This position is within our Quality Assurance team, and the individual will work closely with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers to create solutions in order to improve the quality of our Machine Learning models and services.
- Ensure that the solutions delivered by the Machine Learning Engineering team meet the high quality standards expected for Production services.
- Closely collaborate with our Machine Learning Lead and assist in designing solutions that guarantee scalable integration in our core products.
- Work with Machine Learning engineers to make sure that functional & non-functional requirements are addressed.
- Design and implement Python test plans, test cases and test automation frameworks, covering Machine Learning models with a variety of data sets.
- Collect test data to support the created test plans and test cases.
- Report and document technical issues, as well as follow them up through the complete bug life cycle.
- Ability to debug/troubleshoot large sets of data related issues and formats.
- Define metrics to quantify the quality of data and models.
- Communicate with other stakeholders to ensure streamlined service integration and release.
- Conduct post-release testing.
- Experience working in quality assurance and test engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Interest in machine learning techniques, data structures, algorithms, statistics.
- Methodical, curious, a self-starter, and passionate about quality.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify root cause and cause/effect relations.
- Ability to map business problems to software and data science technique
- Python coding skills
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being leave days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities in Spain
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Who we are
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
If you are looking to accelerate your cloud computing career within a dynamic and multicultural company, this role could be for you!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.