Product Security Engineer - Applications 🔥
The mission of Plaid's Product Security Team is “Improve our customer’s trust by assuring secure development and delivery of products and services, minimizing risk to the ecosystem, and preventing security incidents.” We achieve this by ensuring security measures are available by default to developers, implementing security controls in the CI/CD pipeline, measuring effectiveness of these controls and adjusting them accordingly. We heavily focus on security reviews, threat modeling, building secure architecture, runtime application protection, and reducing risk to the platform.
As a Security Engineer on the Product Security team, you will work with the Engineering team to build secure products, ensuring security controls are available by default and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. You will build and implement runtime protection on Plaid’s live products by implementing a WAF, automated security scanners, and runtime application protections. You will also participate in security reviews, threat modeling and building secure architecture standards for AWS. You will detect vulnerabilities and triage them with appropriate owners, use vulnerability remediation tools and practices, and follow compliance standards and frameworks.
Major projects may include: building/installing application security testing tools, refining a vulnerability management program, deploying and testing interceptors/wrappers for runtime protection, and coordinating with other security and engineering teams to standardize security policies and standards.
What excites you
- Secure architecture and coding practices, that may include design reviews, threat modeling, code auditing, and security assessments on products/applications developed in-house or externally.
- Build automation to detect and respond to security vulnerabilities identified in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Threat hunting and identifying security vulnerabilities through code review, log analysis, systems monitoring, data flow patterns, etc.
- Deploying and securing cloud services (preferably in an AWS environment).
- Conducting application penetration testing using tools such as: Metasploit, Kali Linux, Burp Suite, etc.
- Deploy and use AST (including IAST & RASP) tools to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Communication in a friendly, supportive manner with software engineers or other stakeholders, helping to not only identify security issues, but also mentor and advocate on novel solutions.
- Background working in a product or application security team, protecting scalable enterprise/cloud applications.
- Familiarity with working on security incidents/events to investigate, remediate, and respond to potential threats.
- Experience working with WAF and API security tools.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Kubernetes/ECS), specifically in a security context.
- Experience running PoCs and writing automation scripts to improve the security posture of applications.
- Excellent understanding of OWASP risks, vulnerabilities and mitigation mechanisms.
- Experience with creation and implementation of custom alerting dashboards in SIEM for investigations.
- Experience working on crypto primitives, authentication protocols, and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens), and implementations within a major cloud provider, preferably AWS.