Social Media Associate
We'll do our best to accommodate your schedule.
MFOL Associates are occasionally expected to travel for work events, retreats, etc.
We do not expect significant required travel for this position.
POSITION SUMMARY: Born out of a tragic school shooting, March For Our Lives is a courageous youth-led movement dedicated to promoting civic engagement, education, and direct action by youth to eliminate the epidemic of gun violence.
Life at MFOL is centered around work/life integration, valuing inclusion and we prioritize policies that support a regenerative environment.
Here at MFOL, we are creating a thoughtful, liberating.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Digital Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
LOCATION: Remote; Please note that the March For Our Lives Communications team operates in the Eastern time zone, so some tasks and calls may need to be completed during regular business hours in ET time. We’ll do our best to accommodate your schedule. MFOL Associates are occasionally expected to travel for work events, retreats, etc. We do not expect significant required travel for this position.
Born out of a tragic school shooting, March For Our Lives (MFOL) is a courageous youth-led movement dedicated to promoting civic engagement, education, and direct action by youth to eliminate the epidemic of gun violence. Our people are motivated by our mission, and we are proud of the contribution that our staff makes to the world. Life at MFOL is centered around work/life integration, valuing inclusion and we prioritize policies that support a regenerative environment. Here at MFOL, we are creating a thoughtful, liberating & healing culture and not ignoring the world around us. We listen, we are allies and we are supported with training, counseling, and coaching.
The Social Media Associate will support the Communications team of March For Our Lives (MFOL) in planning, executing, and implementing all aspects of MFOL’s digital communications activities including social media campaigns, social media activities, and creative content creation. The Social Media Associate reports directly to the Digital Manager and will assist in communicating with young people and other key audiences online to drive digital engagement in the fight to end gun violence.
The Social Media Associate is a part-time, entry-level position. We’re looking for people who are excited to get into the professional world and have a thirst for knowledge and exploring digital marketing and social media, from an advocacy lens.
March For Our Lives Action Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for positions without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, young people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Draft copy for tweets, posts, and other forms of social media communication.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar, and regularly present the calendar to Digital Manager for evaluation and approval.
- Take lead on developing content for TikTok.
- Run statistics for posts, monitor social accounts daily and provide weekly reports.
- Community management on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and other digital media platforms.
- Brainstorm campaign ideas and assist in the creation of unique social media campaigns.
- Understand the MFOL brand and youth voice.
- Produce toolkits as requested for our chapters, partners, and volunteers.
- Assist in rapid response situations, including monitoring social media trends to inform the decisions of MFOL social media accounts.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of social media and digital plans for events.
- Assist in other aspects of social media and occasional communications tasks, as needed.
- Attend weekly calls with the Communications team, a weekly 1:1 call with the Digital Manager, and a monthly organization-wide staff call.
- Attend regular calls with the team, as needed.
- You’re a self-starter with an interest in learning about social media through hands-on experience.
- You have some experience managing social media for a school club or local organization, but haven’t or are just starting working in social media professionally. OR/AND You’re currently studying or have just finished studying social media, digital marketing, or a similar field.
- You’re committed to progressive issues, and quickly pick up on messaging and nuances on complex topics, like gun violence, racial justice, etc.
- You’re committed to inclusivity and equity, both in your work and personal life.
- You have great writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- You’re creative and resourceful, with the ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-impact work environment.
- You’re not afraid to push back on our ideas and can communicate alternative perspectives effectively and quickly when presented with something you don’t agree with, or feel like we could make stronger.
- You’re committed to ending gun violence in all its forms.