Lead Product Designer
ABOUT CORRELATION ONE
Correlation One is an education technology company whose mission is to create equal access to jobs in data, analytics, and other skills of the future.
We have developed a new model for education that eliminates traditional barriers to opportunity. We run university-level programs that are 100% free for students, financed by enterprises that train or recruit program graduates. This model aligns incentives between the education provider, student, and employer, where everyone wins through job placement and upskilling.
Example programs include, a masters-level data science bootcamp for individuals from historically underrepresented groups, and , an analytics training program for frontline warehouse workers.
Our model is not just more equitable, but it is also inherently more scalable than traditional education providers. Each program is taught by tier-1 instructors and teaching assistants delivered virtually to cohort-based learning communities. We currently run programs for 5,000+ students each year in 10+ countries, and we plan to grow 5-10x in the next two years.
Our clients include over 50 blue-chip companies, such as Amazon, Citadel, Accenture, Target, EY, BlackRock, Gilead, Match Group, Point72, SoftBank, TIAA and Johnson & Johnson.
These organizations work with us to train their own employees, to recruit program graduates, and to proactively invest in the next generation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a self-starting Lead Product Designer to help lead and define the product experiences across all our products. This person thrives in fast-paced environments, works well with design, product, and engineering partners. We’re seeking a skilled individual contributor, an experienced mentor, and someone who is excited to lead key initiatives with other designers to create high-impact work.
The ideal person for this job cuts through ambiguity to articulate and lead projects from start to finish, and has experience shipping products at scale. We need someone who brings impeccable design taste, meticulous attention-to-detail, and a passion for creating equal access for the data-driven jobs of tomorrow.
We’re looking for Lead Designers who are excited by building something from scratch. As a Lead, that’s what you’ll do — lead, define, and deliver work with tangible business value and real user impact.
- Lead a small team of Designers through ideation, concepting, detailed design, prototyping and final delivery.
Synthesize product and business goals into user-centric design solutions across multiple products and experiences.
- Partner with Product leadership to set a product design strategy that advances Correlation One’s goals.
- Craft end-to-end user flows for multiple scenarios and user archetypes.
- Set best practices and standards related to Interface Design and Service Design across Correlation One products and features.
- Continue to build out the Correlation Onedesign system.
- Work with Designers and Product Managers to set timeline expectations and create project plans.
- Mentor fellow designers, encouraging them to take appropriate risks, and providing constructive support, feedback, and critique.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- 4-8 years of experience shipping high-quality user experience solutions.
- Proven experience leading designers, projects, and processes including insights, ideation, validation, and implementation.
- Passion for design across digital products, service design, and brand development.
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail. We believe written communication is key to a high-performing environment.
- Data-driven and results-oriented.
- Passionate about Product Design and a relentless desire to push your limits, critique your own work, and elevate the work of those around you.
- Comfortable and excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working remotely, independently, and self-motivated to succeed
Bonus points (nice to have, but not needed):
- Experience working with remote or distributed product teams
- We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our team members. We encourage applicants to bring their unique skills, experiences, and outlook to our energetic work environment.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 100% company paid family medical, dental, vision insurance coverage & OneMedical membership.
- Retirement plan (401K).
- 15 days of Paid Time Off per year.
- 15 company paid holidays.
- Access to free data science and analytics training through our programs.