Social Media Associate 🔥
Type of Position: Part-time, regular
Reports to: Communications Manager
BYP100 (Black Youth Project 100) is a national, member-based organization of Black 18 to 35-year-old activists and organizers, dedicated to creating justice and freedom for all Black people. We do this through building a network focused on transformative leadership development, direct action organizing, advocacy, and political education using a Black queer feminist lens.
About the Role
BYP100 is seeking a part-time, permanent Social Media Associate who is a creative thinker, writer, and communicator to join our staff. Our ideal candidate understands and is in love withand is ready to support a dynamic team and take our story to the next level. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, isn’t afraid to experiment with new ideas or go back to the drawing board, is collaborative, and takes initiative. The person in this role is responsible for BYP100’s social media calendar and developing consistent, engaging content in support of our organizing on a national and local level. The Social Media Associate will work collaboratively with our staff team, members and coalition partners to create visibility for our issues and our organization, develop proactive strategies to build narrative power for Black people, and use metrics to create recommendations for BYP100 to grow our social media reach and impact.
Key Responsibilities (responsibilities may shift according to the work)
- Manage day to day operations and engagement of BYP100’s social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), including creation of content that supports national and local work by working with staff, board, chapters, and members to develop, implement, support, and/or manage social media campaigns.
- Day to Day operations include monitoring and maintaining follower engagement (likes, comments, reposts) and sharing relevant direct messages with the Digital Organizing Manager, and developing sample responses to common DM questions.
- Manage social media editorial calendars to deliver compelling branded content such as graphics, GIFs, memes, short mobile captured videos and other digital media
- This looks like drafting and scheduling between 50 - 100 individual posts each week across platforms. Some content will be assigned to post. The Social Media Contractor will be expected to create original content in response to relevant current events, popular culture and organizing campaigns.
- Set, track, and evaluate goals for social media growth and impact using metric analytics through Buffer or other tools.
- Monitor and report on social media trends and technologies and apply knowledge to develop on-trend content and strategies