Lead Product Designer 🔥
Why is it that most career tools are sold to companies when it’s people that own their careers? Companies have AI, systems, and departments to help them hire and manage the careers of their employees. Yet, most consumers have nothing.
At Teal, we’re building the first genuinely consumer-first platform to help people grow and manage their careers. Our goal is to empower people to turn their passions into professions and their ambitions into realities. We do all this by providing tools for people (NOT companies) that guide them, provide insights and automate parts of the job search process. Here is a quick loom video explaining how it works
About The Role:
Our small team would LOVE to welcome a Lead Product Designer to design intuitive experiences for our members to feel empowered and in control of their careers. In this role, you will lead and execute the design of our suite of products and eventually build a design team. It will be up to you to bring ideas to reality, shape them, and ultimately hand off clear expectations to engineering.
As a Lead Product Designer at Teal You Will:
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Deliver and refine straightforward storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and leadership
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Keep the voice of the customer at the forefront, utilizing qualitative and quantitative studies when needed
- Walk in the shoes of our members and constantly channel their voice and how to best serve them
You Have Experience:
- As a UX or Product Designer for 4+ years in a relevant industry
- Designing for both desktop and mobile
- Working proficiently with UX Design tools such as Figma (or similar)
- User Research and Testing
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Amplitude or other product analytics platforms
- Storyboarding & user story definition
- Experience working on Chrome Extensions
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- The focus of month 1 is learning. Learning about our users, their challenges, and how we solve them (or not :) )
- You will have talked to members and learned how we can serve them better
- You will have audited our current UX and Design and prioritized a design improvement backlog
- With fresh eyes, you will have uncovered opportunities for refinement and a better user experience and be an active contributor to a new onboarding experience
- You will have learned about the best practices and pitfalls in the job search process.
- You have led the successful relaunch of our onboarding and have a very clear understanding of how each step is measured and how we can iterate to continue to make it better with a goal of a 20% increase in onboarding to activation for new users
- You have helped unify the broader UX for the Teal platform and are working to implement your designs
- You have started defining our mobile strategy and have completed wireframes and figma prototypes
- You will have designed how the Teal Chrome Extension integrated with 3rd Parties to help our members make better career purchasing decisions (courses, tools, etc)
- You will have cleaned up and refined our design system and styles
- Our monetization platform is fully designed & deployed, and we have helped our members purchase courses and tools that grow their careers and align with the jobs they are seeking
- Our platform is fully mobile optimized and we starting designs for the Teal Mobile app
- We have designed all the tools a user needs to run an effective job search
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $150,000 - $180,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You trust us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.