Ydekc Database & Administrative Coordinator 🔥
Youth Development Executives of King County (YDEKC) connects, strengthens and amplifies the leaders of youth serving organizations so that all Black, Indigenous and youth of color thrive. YDEKC is a diverse, member-led coalition of youth-serving community based and nonprofit organizations across King County. With a focus on equity, our members embrace a youth development approach to support young people to reach the future they envision. YDEKC works to support thriving leaders, thriving organizations and thriving youth. YDEKC provides training and capacity building support to leaders of nonprofits and engages in advocacy efforts that support sustainable funding to youth supporting organizations. Seeto learn more about us.
YDEKC is primarily a remote organization, with an option to use occasional (up to one day per week) shared desk space, printers and other equipment within the office space of our fiscal sponsor, School’s Out Washington, located at 801 23rd Avenue S., Seattle, Washington. In 2022, staff meetings and programming will eventually move to a hybrid of online (mostly Zoom currently) and live meetings. Staff members need to reside in Washington and be able to attend regular (approximately weekly) activities at the Seattle office, or occasionally other accessible locations throughout King County.
In accordance with COVID-19 safety practices, YDEKC/School’s Out Washington has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new hires need to be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of employment or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a documented disability or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series vaccine or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
Position Summary: The Database & Administrative Coordinator supports YDEKC’s staff and day to day operations to help the organization run more smoothly and effectively. This position is a combination of more traditional administrative duties combined with being the lead on our database (Salesforce), ensuring data quality, building reports, and supporting data use.
Reports to: This is a full-time non-exempt position reporting to the YDEKC Executive Director.
Administrative and office support
- Support committee leads in staffing the Advisory Board and/or other committees including scheduling, note taking, meeting preparation
- Support set up and implementation of remote meetings, programs, and events including occasional zoom meeting/event “production”
- Support access to necessary office supplies, digital systems and software and equipment for YDEKC team in coordination with School’s Out Washington and vendors
- Support communications team with Wordpress website maintenance and Constant Contact newsletter tasks
- Find and secure space, food, and supplies needed for various YDEKC events and activities such as annual summit, workshops, and other events once in-person convenings begin again (spring to summer 2022)
- Support financial tasks including invoicing, paying bills, tracking office expenses adhering to financial policies
- Maintain and improve CRM Database (Salesforce) and other systems for member support, member engagement, event registration, attendance tracking and donation tracking and receipting
- Provide day-to-day support for Salesforce use by the YDEKC team and coordinate with technical vendors when needed
- Maintain 3rd-party integrations between Salesforce and Constant Contact, Click&Pledge, and others
- Design and implement basic enhancements to database including adding fields, record types, and building workflow
- Develop and improve evaluation reports and dashboards
- Support annual member pledge campaign and membership renewals
- Support data security efforts through coordination with School’s Out Washington
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism and openness to engaging in challenging conversations that center racial equity
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices
- Participate in staff and other meetings as necessary
- Serve as an excellent ambassador for YDEKC and School’s Out Washington at all times both formally and informally
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in database management; Salesforce experience strongly preferred (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack)
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft 365 including Sharepoint, Teams, Outlook, Excel and Word; digital platform management (WordPress, Constant Contact, Zoom, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, both in-person and remotely
- Ability to contribute to project strategy by communicating ideas and identifying risks and opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and through email
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with and learn from team members
- Working knowledge of the youth development field, and culturally relevant services is preferred
- Experience in working in and /or living in diverse communities preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (equivalent education and experience considered)
- Competencies: initiative, strategic thinking, creative problem solving, collaboration/partnership, oral/written communication, attention to detail, organizational understanding, ethics and integrity, flexibility, fostering diversity, racial equity and social justice
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-exempt, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
YDEKC is fiscally sponsored by School’s Out Washington (SOWA), and all YDEKC staff members are officially employees of SOWA. SOWA offers a generous benefits plan including ample paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 403b retirement savings plan matched by the organization after their second year of employment.
Pay range: $23 - $26 per hour