Senior Product Manager 🔥
’s Apps division is a leading developer of premium apps for the Shopify e-commerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, independent retail brands, and small businesses around the globe — succeed by providing them with the world’s best Shopify apps, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 20+. While we started in Victoria, BC, now a remote-first company, with team members across Canada and even in the US.
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Apps Division! As the Senior Product Manager, you’ll report to the CEO in Apps and build off of our Leadership team’s vision and objectives for the Company. You’ll support the Leadership team in navigating opportunities for product acquisition, developing new products, and you will develop and own a cohesive vision for the current Apps portfolio and each product within.
You’ll collaborate with the development team, marketing team, support and success teams, and customers. Success in this role requires balancing various inputs, strategically considering trade-offs, being pragmatic, and the ability to present well-researched recommendations to gain Leadership and team buy-in. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable driving growth through experimentation and is willing to make bold moves.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll…
- Develop our product portfolio and pricing strategy, own the roadmap for multiple apps, and work with cross-functional teams to launch and commercialize new features and products.
- Prioritize product initiatives by considering business goals and vision, Shopify ecosystem and overall market direction, product usage analytics, customer feedback, and technical capabilities.
- Support Leadership in navigating opportunities for product acquisition and new product builds.
- Communicate and get buy-in for the portfolio strategy across the entire team, help others understand “the why,” including Leadership.
- Lead the Delivery team by presenting multiple pitches, using as the guiding framework, and providing ample context on the “why” behind each proposed piece of work.
- Inform and provide context on product KPIs, collaborate on current initiatives, and evaluate potential future opportunities for product roadmaps.
- At least three years of product management experience in a dynamic SaaS company
- Experience in the Shopify app ecosystem
- Experience managing a portfolio of 2 or more products
- The ability to work with a cross-functional and collaborative team
- Business acumen: You understand business and market needs and evolve the product’s vision to meet those needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to inspire those around you with your vision and execution.
- Enthusiasm about e-commerce and entrepreneurship
- A self-starter attitude, a strong sense of autonomy and attention to detail
- Experience managing people
- Experience using data to inform decision making
- Experience developing and owning pricing models for SaaS products
**Note** This role requires at least a 4 hour overlap in PST