Fintech Product Manager 🔥
At Oper, we believe that getting a mortgage should take just a few clicks, from the comfort of your own home. Our team is working with lenders and brokers to redesign their mortgages processes and make this dream a reality. We are connecting the dots within the European mortgage landscape by integrating the entire ecosystem with our Point-of-sale Tools (agent portal and client portal), our Channel Manager and our API gateway. By offering these products as out-of-the-box, white-labeled SaaS we enable borrowers to do self-service mortgage applications, to get personalised advise by brokers, and to simply have an amazing mortgage experience.
Our early traction has attracted top industry investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Swiss Immo Lab, Runa Capital, Verve Ventures and Pitchdrive and earned us recognition with top FinTech accelerators such as Barclays Techstars, Plug & Play and F10 FinTech Accelerator.
We’re a hybrid remote company with team members spread over continental Europe and offices in Zürich, Minsk and Antwerp. At the time of writing, our small but quickly growing team consists of 9 nationalities and 9 different mother tongues. We’re very proud on this diverse set of people and the intellectually stimulating environment it creates.Tasks
As a product manager, you will be responsible to grow and scale our platform for European domination. What you will do:
- You are the customers' and the users' voice within our company
- You lead discovery efforts to deeply understand the industry and different segments of the market
- You take end-to-end ownership in tackling integration topics with external services (e-sigantures, KYC,...), core-banking systems etc.
- You uncover the market's greatest pain points and turn them into scalable product solutions
- You can work independently and are comfortable taking complete ownership of end to end feature delivery
- You collaborate with engineers and designers to find the best possible solutions
- You use techniques such as prototyping, user research and data analysis to make decisions
- You identify, track and analyse key product success metrics to ensure the product is achieving company goals
- You have 5-7 years of working experience in product management, business analysis,... and have built products from scratch
- You have a good technical understanding of software engineering concepts, know how to build scalable software solutions and have an good understanding of how front-end and back-end applications work together in delivering value
- You have experience in product development methodologies from discovery, to delivering detailed specifications to providing support during development and product acceptance testing
- You are highly analytical, love technology and love problem-solving
- You allocate resources on the highest value opportunities and can back up your decisions with data
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions effectively, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders. You feel confident in having technical conversations with engineering team members
- You get an enormous amount of energy and motivation of taking ownership and transforming your ideas into actual projects
- You know how to discover the right problems to focus on and how to validate the possible solutions
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and you are able to adapt your communication style to work well with people from around the world who may not share your native language
- You have experience working in a relevant industry (financial services) and thrive in a startup environment
- You are interested in the European mortgage market
- You have product design skills (e.g. Sketch, Figma,...)
- You speak, write and understand (Swiss) German very well
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry.
To realize this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously and where you will work with a high level of autonomy. Apart from having the independence to move the needle and make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is there to support you along the way. We like to have a laugh, play games & do sports together. With 9 nationalities and 9 different mother tongues, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds.
Our hybrid remote set up provides us with the flexibility of coming together when we want to while catering for every individual life-style.
Our financial offer will be based on the market standards for early employees in a young (Fin)Tech Company (Michael Page / Glassdoor benchmarked) and will include extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.