Risk & Compliance Manager 🔥
At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $6 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager to own compliance with regards to legislation, regulation and best-practice at Founders Pledge. You’ll report to our COO and audit, oversee and implement processes to mitigate risk and ensure that our organisation functions as it should. This is a unique, newly-formed opportunity to own our entire compliance strategy and embed a compliance culture across a quickly-growing nonprofit!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Making sure that Founders Pledge is compliant at all times (over our UK, US and German entities), for example by updating required charity registrations. You’ll ensure that the right forms/documents are updated at the right times.
- Ensuring we have an effective compliance framework in place with clear processes and well-documented practices to keep our business and members safe.
- Our various entities structures and the interactions between them, e.g. Shared Services Agreements.
- Audit and Risk Committees and associated technical projects. You’ll not only audit and identify risk but also work on projects to mitigate risk, in collaboration with teams across the business. You’ll manage projects from inception through to completion and build new processes where necessary.
- Acting as a trusted advisor/point of contact for all regulatory/governance queries from the business.
- Monitor and report on changes to our exposure, breaches that occur and the related action we need to take. You’ll anticipate future risk and compliance issues, e.g. due to regulatory developments, and proactively mitigate.
- A strong understanding of business (and ideally nonprofit) compliance, with a focus on the US, UK and Germany (all three not essential, but we have a strong preference for candidates experienced with US entities).
- Deep experience developing and implementing an organisation-wide compliance framework and delivering compliance projects.
- A wealth of experience designing policies, procedures and processes for effectiveness and accountability.
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, engaging the business to strengthen compliance and risk management. You’ll support others to prioritise compliance work.
- Fluency in German language (ideal but not essential).
- Experience working for an international nonprofit would also be beneficial, or the desire to learn about nonprofit sector regulations.
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working. We ask that applicants to this role are based within the UK or US (East Coast only). Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, day-passes can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.