Inside Sales Representative 🔥
- Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the Central Region of the United States. *
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of outbound sales calls - this role is 100% phone based.
- Your mission is to reach as many businesses as possible. You'll work one of the following schedules (in your local time), or as otherwise determined by your manager: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; or 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners- all organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Say goodbye to that dreaded commute! You and your team will work from the comfort of your home to sell advertising to small local businesses on a set Monday to Friday schedule.
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection will be critical to your success.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals- strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to complete your daily goals- you know that sales is a numbers game and you’re here to win.
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement- you don’t take rejection personally.
- Multi-tasking is no biggie. You're confident in navigating between numerous tabs, multiple screens, and using video conferencing tools.
- You're savvy and can find your way around new tools and software (such as Google Suite & Salesforce).
- You’re naturally curious and like to ask as many questions as it takes to find the answer.
- You're excited about being part of a team with colleagues from other states, and you find it just as easy to chat with your teammates during a virtual conference as an in-person meeting.
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and being a teamplayer is important to you.
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others- you can’t wait to show everyone the value of Yelp.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years of customer-facing experience OR;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- No fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency - we use Google Suite and provide a Chromebook laptop
- A work environment free of distractions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage independently without oversight
- Must possess current US work authorization
- We offer comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge on the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
- The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Starting base salary of 37K plus uncapped commission
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
CCPA Privacy Notice
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Show more Show less