Head Of Events & Programmes 🔥
At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $5 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Head of Events & Programmes to lead our Programmes team. This team is responsible for developing and delivering an effective and exciting slate of programming (events as well as other programming formats) which effectively engages and educates our members on the latest thinking on social impact and strategic philanthropy. More than that, it should provide opportunities for members to meaningfully connect with one another, and help mobilize them to support evidence-based solutions in a diverse range of cause areas (from climate change and global health and development, to animal welfare and safeguarding the long-term future) with inspiring calls to action and thoughtful ‘how to’ sessions which demystify giving.
As Head of Events & Programmes, you will design a cohesive, original and highly-engaging slate of programming that uniquely enhances the member journey, through digestible, thought-provoking, and stimulating events content. Supported by our Programmes Manager and Events Manager, you will build a high-quality programme of educational events, gatherings and immersive experiences for the Founders Pledge community globally, bringing high calibre global experts and members together to explore social problems and connect on a shared mission.
You will collaborate with our Research team to find creative ways of communicating research findings and methodologies to our community of members, as well as working closely with our Community team to understand and cater for the needs and uniqueness of our community.
Reporting to our Director of Member Experience, you will:
- Be responsible for the design of the overall programmatic and events content strategy, taking into account the different organizational goals, audiences served, and stages of the member journey.
- Design and implement our annual programmes calendar, which brings our strategy to life - the overall look, feel and experience of our events and other programming opportunities including facilitating cause area cohorts; delivering exclusive retreats, intimate dinners and high level Forums.
- Deliver experiences which drive increased affinity with Founders Pledge and act as positive extensions of our brand.
- Innovate and develop new formats which enable Founders Pledge to deliver even higher quality and increasingly engaging programming over time.
- Leverage and incorporate ad-hoc programmatic opportunities into the broader strategy.
- Collaborate productively with other teams across Founders Pledge in the design of core annual programmes.
- Combine a deep and broad-ranging knowledge of social impact topics and a grasp of the interests and motivations of our audiences to shape uniquely original, engaging, and educational, world-class programmes.
- Draw on pedagogical and behavioural best practice, ensuring programming formats and content are optimally engaging and educational for our members.
- Provide line management, coaching and mentoring for our Programmes Manager and Events Manager to build a positive and supportive team environment, while also ensuring high performance.
- Build and nurture strategic relationships among global thought leaders, social impact experts, speakers and facilitators in order to develop an outstanding network of speakers for future Founders Pledge events.
- A commitment to Founders Pledge’s mission, and to social impact generally, with proven knowledge of philanthropy and international development.
- Significant experience in a combination of programme delivery (ideally including high-level gatherings and/or immersive experiences), event and content curation, research communications and/or policy advocacy.
- Impeccable and convincing communication skills, with an ability to express nuanced evidence and complex concepts in a clear and engaging way.
- Confidence engaging with major players in the philanthropy and tech space.
- Ability to think strategically about the aims of the programmes team as well as its integration with other teams.
- A creative and analytical approach to content curation - you will be able to see the broader picture, always thinking of innovative ways to present information and finding the right angle to engage an audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and with different backgrounds.
- Strong motivation to work in a high-growth, dynamic startup environment across a variety of philanthropic cause areas.
- Some experience in line management/mentoring others.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working, with the flexibility to work from home. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.