Development Associate 🔥
About Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund:
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund (Advance) is a Native American-led organization working to address the vast disparity and unique barriers that exist for Indigenous peoples in U.S. politics. We provide training, resources, and strategies that support pathways for Indigenous leaders, especially for Indigenous women and two spirit people, to work toward equity, justice, and representation. We create solutions to address the need for increased Native representation and participation in elected politics and campaigns. By expanding Native representation in elected office, we actively shape a future where our government is truly reflective of all our communities.
About the role:
Advance is seeking a Development Associate to join our growing team. The Development Associate will support multiple areas of revenue generation through individual major donors and foundations including: researching new grant opportunities; conducting donor outreach and supporting donor cultivation; managing fundraising calendar and reporting deadlines; entering donations and maintaining donor relationships and records in Salesforce CRM; creating and delivering development-related communications including thank you letters, tax receipts, and acknowledgement letters for foundations and donor-advised funds; and project managing internal and external fundraising communication and funder events.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Operations & Special Initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, systems-focused, and adaptable; enjoys tracking and balancing multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment; and has a desire to cultivate a variety of development initiatives to support Advance’s growing funding streams.
To be successful in this role you should have the following experience:
- 2+ years experience in development, ideally with politically-focused major donors and 501(c)(4) foundations
- Strong writing and research skills, with experience developing and writing donor-related communications
- Experience researching and initiating outreach to funding prospects, identifying potential prospects and proposal opportunities
- Experience managing the grant proposal process from application to reporting
- Systems-minded, strong organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, and the ability to proactively manage and prioritize the logistics and communications of multiple projects to completion
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, funders, and prospects with professionalism, and follow-through
- Experience in, exposure to, or education related to working within Indigenous cultures
- Desire to work collaboratively and transparently with a distributed virtual team via Google Workspace
- Event planning experience
- Experience with cold outreach, building and cultivating professional relationships across a variety of audiences and industries
- Experience with WealthEngine, Candid, Salesforce or the like
- Research experience, specifically conducting prospective individual and foundation research
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and up-to-date fundraising data, lists and reports
- Relationship cultivation and management, with the desire to grow into managing your own portfolio
Working at Advance:
This is a remote position and requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location. The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 20% travel. We are not offering U.S. visa sponsorship for this role.