Senior Devops Engineer 🔥
Locally was in anticipation of changes in consumer behavior. We saw that shoppers were increasingly turning to internet-connected devices for decision-making and that nearby stores, the brands they carry, and their on-hand inventory were invisible to shoppers. So we built a solution.
Today, we help thousands of stores present their selection to nearby shoppers using ecommerce strategies. We provide users with novel, last-mile fulfillment options like in-store pickup and same-day delivery. We power over a million unique shopper engagements per day. Our revenue is $6 million ARR and we are not backed by VC.
We are looking for a full-time, remote Senior DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team. In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining our production environment infrastructure. You will make decisions about scaling architecture using industry best-practices and security protocols, as well as vetting and recommending new technologies!
We are a passionate, creative, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in retail and several hundred of the . Our engineering team consists of 11 people and the company currently employs 29 full time staff members.
What You’ll be Doing
- As Senior DevOps at Locally you will be responsible for the resilience and uptime of our production infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure architectural support for company initiatives.
- You will devise procedures and practices for failover, replication, tuning, and scaling of data systems.
- You will make recommendations about suitable, prospective technologies for the company to adopt.
- You will work with a team of on-call SREs to achieve robust security and compliance.
- You will establish guidelines and procedures for our team of on-call SREs.
Your Experience & Requirements
- 5+ years experience working with Linux and open-source technology
- Experience with Puppet or similar automated config management
- Capable of creating replication and failover patterns for relational databases
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres required
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform required
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is required
- Experience with Terraform is a plus
- Experience with and managing Redis clusters/instances is a plus
- You must reside within 3 time zones of EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Why You'd Want to Work at Locally
We’re an all-remote, growing, mission-driven startup with a casual and pragmatic culture. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including stock options program, PTO, SIMPLE IRA with match, and major medical and dental coverage. Compensation for this role is between $170,000 - $250,000 salary, plus annual bonus and stock option grant.
Locally is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please send an email to with your resume and a brief introduction.