Docker and Devops Teaching Assistant | Coding Instructor
Nucamp () the #1 Coding Bootcamp in the US is seeking part-time instructors / teaching assistants (TA) specialized in Docker and DevOps Teaching Assistant for its Backend with Python and SQL bootcamp in the Online Pacific Timezone.
Every day bring your passion to help students achieve their goal to become a developer. Our business is built upon helping communities succeed; your passion to deliver the best learning experience in the classroom is the first prerequisite for teaching with Nucamp.
As an instructor / teaching assistant for Nucamp, you will look after a classroom maximum of 12 students in a blended environment mixing self-study and live workshop experiences - all online. This is the perfect position for someone interested in community development through education while supplementing his / her income. You will be supporting adult students of diverse careers, educational backgrounds, and cultures to learn the awesome world of programming.
Nucamp's mission is to offer affordable learning programs for professional adults seeking the skills they need for the career they want. We are bringing together professionals, students and offering a great curriculum and pedagogy structure to make it happen. You can play a significant role in helping your community, while also earning income and enhancing your resume.
- During the week, spend 30-60 minutes a day engaging with students, answering their questions, and helping with their learning journey while they watch video lectures and perform exercises. This will be done online, at any time, from anywhere.
- At the end of the week (Saturdays), spend 4 hours delivering online workshops. Grade the student's weekly assignments.
- Keep students motivated to complete their learning journey; be very responsive to individual student needs.
- We're seeking individuals with 2+ years of knowledge in Docker and DevOps Teaching Assistant, as well as knowledge of Docker, AWS, GitHub Actions.
- These additional skills will be a plus: Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes.
- Teaching experience is highly desired.
- Part-time Independent Contractor.