If you want to use your smarts, exceptional communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail for good… Spoke needs you!
We are seeking an experienced project associate to help conceive and roll out traditional and digital communications strategies. Our ideal candidate will feel comfortable multi-tasking, be proactive, and enjoy taking on new challenges in a creative environment.
Please only apply if you are a media, digital, and social good geek. Loving our work and our clients is what makes Spoke great at what we do.
You will be expected to comfortably communicate with all levels of staff, vendors, freelancers, and clients, in-person, through email and via video meetings.
Ready to help Spoke’s clients change the world?
A Spoke Project Associate is responsible for assisting our team with various media, digital, and research activities. Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring news media coverage and social media and analyzing results.
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising.
- Conducting research on a wide array of issues, campaigns and organizations.
- Researching contacts for targeted pitches and to build media lists.
- Compiling, producing and distributing summaries of media coverage.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Crafting targeted pitch emails and making pitch calls.
- Drafting press materials and online content.
- Developing presentations and designing materials using tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Photoshop.
- Updating client websites and social media accounts.
- Participating in client meetings/events and taking notes.
- Sharing cool finds about media, good causes, and new tools that can help improve our work.
- 3 years of communications experience, social good sector preferred.
- In love with writing – we’re talking seriously stellar writing skills with an expert level understanding and use of style, conventions, and grammar.
- Comfortable asking lots of good questions, but entirely capable of identifying goals, mapping out the right steps to achieving success, and executing independently.
- Happy and productive working remotely for the foreseeable future (thanks, COVID) and in an open office without walls and sound barriers once we return to Spoke HQ.
- Proficient with major social media tools, online communications resources (Google Apps, Basecamp, MailChimp, Harvest, CriticalMention etc) and with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Mac-o-Philes only please.