National Vp Of Development
PNP Staffing Group is delighted to have been retained by Momentum Advisory Collective to lead their search for a National Vice President of Development.
About Momentum Advisory Collective
Momentum Advisory is a 501(c)3 organization that partners with community leaders across the United States to launch and manage innovative restaurant and culinary training programs. These programs provide life skills training, education, and employment opportunities to transform the lives of youth exiting juvenile detention facilities.
About the position
Momentum Advisory Collective seeks an experienced National Vice President of Development to establish long-term financial sustainability for our young, fast-growing organization and drive ongoing fundraising initiatives.
The ideal candidate has strong connections throughout the country, a passion for juvenile justice and an entrepreneurial spirit, along with excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
The VP of Development reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely alongside the marketing department.
● Developing a comprehensive understanding of all Momentum Advisory Collective programs and activities to communicate the organization’s mission, vision and funding needs
● Designing, implementing and sustaining a successful fundraising program, including individual and major gifts, future donor upgrading, corporate and foundation gifts, special event major giving sponsorship opportunity, planned gifts and enhancing community awareness of the organization’s campaigns.
● Developing and actively managing a donor portfolio
● Establishing, developing, and maintaining significant long-term relationships with benefactors whose resources will be integral to supporting the mission of Momentum Advisory
● Developing, writing and submitting grant proposals and reports for foundation funders
● Cultivating and recommending sponsors for special events
● Managing and maintaining all grant requirements
● Managing all donor data, processing checks, preparing donor acknowledgement letters and maintaining meticulous records for good donor stewardship and auditing purposes
● Preparing materials to support fundraising, including informational materials, gift proposals and agreements, contact reports and other documentation and working in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Department, as appropriate
● Working closely with the COO and Marketing department to create an ongoing email marketing strategy that’s designed to drive donations while building loyalty and advocacy of donors
● Analyzing donor data, identifying key patterns and learnings and applying such insights to maximize donor involvement
● Maintaining systems and software that support the department’s ability to maintain accurate records and efficient reporting capabilities
● Maintaining the organization’s positive brand image and reputation
● Representing the organization with external stakeholders such as government and elected officials, media, local business owners and executives, education leaders, community based organizations and others
● Applying a fundraising lens to all events and operations
● Bringing new, creative fundraising ideas to the table regularly
● Creating positive and meaningful connections in expansion communities on behalf of our organization
● Training and supporting Café Momentum development teams nationwide in developing effective fundraising strategies and operations, including all above listed items
Key Attributes, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
● A minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role
● Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques, major gift solicitation, planned giving programs, mail solicitation and event management (foundation experience a plus)
● Self-starter who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, large-scale national startup
● Experience with, and an understanding of, board governance
● Outstanding research and writing skills with an ability to write effectively and persuasively in the areas of policy, project management, program execution, fundraising, communications and strategic planning
● Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and public speaking skills - leveraging data, narrative and intrinsic passion to motivate, persuade and mobilize a diverse range of stakeholders
● Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
● Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Google applications suite and Microsoft Office
● Familiarity with CRM and fundraising platforms
● A self-starter who has the ability to work both as a part of a remote team and independently
● Sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time position on a nationally distributed team with flexibility in location. As this role works across time zones, working hours may be outside of normal office hours. Employees may be required to work nights or weekends, and will be required to travel up to 35% of the time. On-site work may be conducted in detention facilities, restaurant environments, outdoor environments, in the community (homes, business, etc.), in street environments and with system-involved individuals. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Momentum Advisory Collective provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Momentum Advisory Collective
At Momentum Advisory, we envision a country where the basic and socioemotional needs of our youth are met; a country that understands that justice-involved youth often lack resources, have experienced trauma and require holistic support; a country whose communities come together to support this vision.
We believe that this can be a reality for young people nationwide. We are building clear pathways out of incarceration so today’s justice-involved youth have access to resources, opportunity and trauma-informed support such that they and their future generations can thrive, not just survive.
Momentum Advisory Collective (M.A.C.) is a capacity-building 501(c)3 organization that got its start with Café Momentum, a nonprofit restaurant and culinary training facility in Dallas, Texas, that has successfully reduced recidivism and increased employability with its programs.
M.A.C. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.