The Hope Reichbach Fund is a program dedicated to matching young passionate students with fellowships at community organizations changing Brooklyn’s future, and is looking for a part-time, hourly Program Manager to help administer and manage this program, composed entirely of volunteers.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a little bit of free time and wants to devote it to a great cause. You will be able to meet and network with important community and social leaders in Brooklyn, as well as get the chance to help shape the future of our city.
- Attend all advisory board meetings and HRF events
- Send out notices for monthly advisory board meetings and take notes at meetings to send to advisory board members within a week after meeting.
- Assist in preparation and design of program materials
- Update the HRF website and social channels regularly
- Help author and publish the semi-annual fund newsletter
- Manage programming for the fund’s summer fellows; this includes working with the advisory board to help develop a calendar, book speakers and venues, collect and report fellow feedback and track/report related expenses with FJC.
- Assist with outreach to colleges for fellow applications.
- Assist with outreach to non-profit organizations to apply for fellow matching.
- Plan and execute two major fundraisers, annual appeal, fellowship registration fairs, and other program events.
- Manage relationships with host organizations
- Maintain and update various contact lists
- Staff the selection committee that helps choose each year’s fellows.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be a positive, fun person with a passion for Brooklyn and social causes
- Experience working with volunteers, donors and all levels of staff is a plus!
Hours vary from 5 hours a week during the fall through spring and 15-20 hours over the summer. Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume, contact information for two references, and a short paragraph (in the body of the email) explaining why you are interested in the position to Daniela at