About the Position
The QA Tester is responsible for much of the manual testing of our product. You’ll use your keen attention to detail to discover issues and document steps-to-reproduce for the Engineering team. You’ll partner with our QA Engineering Manager on the overall testing process and strategy, and will help create and maintain our entire test suite. You’ll also work with other internal Mailshake staff to triage problems and determine severity of potential bugs.
Your daily work primarily involves manually testing various aspects of our product, identifying and documenting test cases, running acceptance and regression tests, and writing up bug cards in Jira for production issues.
This is a remote-only position and thus requires the ability to get work done with minimal supervision, but you should also be able to communicate effectively with other members of the team on an as-needed basis. You should have a steady pace of writing test cases, performing manual tests, and verifying that features and bugs have satisfied the required test cases.
- Perform acceptance and manual regression testing.
- Create and maintain manual regression test cases/suites.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured defects and test plans.
- Review and triage issues reported by internal users and customers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of automated test suites.
- Create acceptance criteria based on product requirements.
- Prior work in a QA Tester role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Jira or other Kanban board style software.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Experience using Chrome Dev Tools for inspecting browser errors and issues.
Nice To Haves
- Prior remote, work-from-home experience in a QA Tester role.
- Prior work in a SaaS company.
- Experience with running tools and scripts from the command line.
- Experience with Cypress, Selenium, Protractor, or other automated testing tools.
- Experience using Postman to test APIs.
- Knowledge of SQL and how to run database queries.
Mailshake is a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand our product offering with the feedback of thousands of happy customers. We believe in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, paid maternity/paternity leave, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other perks that come with being a remote company.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Mailshake we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. Mailshake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.