Maven Machines is hiring a
Remote Mobile Software Engineer
aven is reimagining how the world moves freight. We are a fast-growing tech startup based in Pittsburgh that is working on building the next era of fleet management, dispatch, and logistics technologies for the transportation and service industries.
Over the past seven years, Maven's cloud-based solutions have been successfully deployed to thousands of drivers and companies across the country, with a number of the nation's top 100 trucking fleets running their operations on our software platform. We are looking for exceptionally bright and talented individuals to add to our growing world-class team of professionals.
As a full time, exempt software engineer working at Maven, you will be responsible for building products that will disrupt one of the nation's largest sectors and bring the trucking industry into the modern age. We are looking for passionate, skilled, entrepreneurially minded engineers who bring fresh perspectives and ideas, have a passion for new technologies, obsess over design and performance, love tackling new and complex problems, and want to deliver great, beautiful products.
We are a mobile-first company, and as such, our mobile products are core to the success of our business. As an engineer on the mobile team, you will be responsible for building clean, intuitive, and delightful UX experiences backed by a sophisticated mobile architecture to be deployed to truck drives across the country. The ideal candidate is based in Pittsburgh, PA or elsewhere in the continental U.S (remote work available).
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with team to design, architect, document, and implement features and functionality for our mobile apps.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and architectures while improving application performance and development efficiency.
- Take ownership and participate in all steps of the development process, from design to release and support.
- Build tools, libraries, and write documentation to elevate your team to work as efficiently and cohesively as possible.
More About You
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional mobile software development.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, object-oriented design, problem solving, and algorithms.
- An incredible desire to deliver impactful results every day.
- Resourceful team player that thrives in a fast-paced, growing startup environment.
- Strong experience with modern Android development technologies and practices including MVVM, Coroutines, LiveData, and Android instrumented testing.
Bonus Points for Having
- An eye for great design and UX.
- At least one app you've worked on that is available on the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Solid knowledge of the Android platform and all its quirkiness.
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- Experience with AWS, distributed systems, and micro-service oriented architectures.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Snacks on snacks
Healthy, Diverse Teams Breed Innovation
Maven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We deeply believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences make better products, and we seek to attract talent from all walks of life. The team at Maven is smart, friendly, and passionate and we value a healthy work environment to foster personal development and opportunities to move within our small, but quickly growing organization.
Salary and compensation
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on previous jobs related to Developer, Mobile and Engineer jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $120,000/year