Product Design Mentor 🔥
Designlab’s courses focus on web, UX and UI design. As a Designlab mentor, you will work with amazing students from around the world; connect to other top designers; and earn money while giving back to the design community. If your application is successful, you will be paired with students whose availability matches yours and you will mentor them through the duration of their course.
🎯 Mentor Responsibilities:
- Leave online feedback about your students' project work within 48 hrs
- Conduct 1:1 video sessions with your students (via Skype/Zoom/Hangouts etc.)
- Evaluate student progress according to the student’s course goals—assist with weekly lesson planning/time management
- Help students with any topics or issues they’re currently struggling with
- Provide guidance on professional development—overall sanity check
- Ensure that the quality of the deliverables is as high as it can be based on the student goals. For example, if a student wants to do a career change into UX we would expect you to be more rigorous with this student than with one who's just learning a new skill for fun
- 3+ years of UX/UI design experience, senior or manager experience a plus
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for education, design, and creative work
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.