Legislative Political Coordinator
Legislative Political Coordinator (Eastern Region)
Location: Chicago, Illinois or Remote
Start Date: 12/6/2021 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the Legislative Political Coordinator role for the 2022 election cycle who are passionate about connecting and strategizing with campaigns, candidates, and coalitions in the name of strengthening PTP’s support of Democratic wins in highly competitive state legislative races. This position will be based out of our Chicago, IL, headquarters with remote options available.
The Legislative Political Coordinator is directly responsible for outreach to campaigns and creating partnerships throughout the 2022 election cycle, including bridging the gap between campaigns and our Fellows Program, at the direction of the Legislative Political Director. The Legislative Political Coordinator is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with state legislative political allies, while also implementing departmental initiatives for strengthening bonds and adding new ways we can support candidates. The duties of this position are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, public transportation stipend (for HQ-based staff), paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Lead and manage political outreach to state legislative candidates in competitive races across the country
- Drive the implementation of an outreach and relationship-building program that has measurable goals, such as sending and receiving back endorsement questionnaires, coordinating with campaigns on fundraisers and volunteer actions, and ultimately contributing to a positive Fellows program for the campaign
- Represent PTP in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and state partners as it relates to legislative programs
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
- You have at least 3-4 years experience managing political outreach programs, with a proven track record of setting, supporting, and leading a program in achieving priorities
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace, and contributing to the development of best practices
- You consistently deliver solutions in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others
- You have a proven record of managing successful, large programs across coalitions, utilizing the uppermost levels of expertise in resolving issues and accomplishing goals in challenging and complex situations
- You often take a leading role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to resolve high priority issues, working through the issues with grit and a solutions-oriented approach
- You have exceptional listening skills, verbal and written presentation skills, and a track record of inclusive decision-making with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Able to travel to campaign offices, PTP HQ or other locations occasionally
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
- You have previous experience on state legislative or coordinated campaign in any of the following states: Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, or Pennsylvania
- You have previous experience engaging or working with state legislative caucuses
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- The priority deadline to be considered for this role is October 22, 2021.
Progressive Turnout Project is the largest voter contact organization in the country. Our mission: Get Democrats to vote. We design, test, and execute specialized voter turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive elections up and down the ballot. Since 2015, our trained field staff, fellows, and volunteers have made more than 59 million voter contact attempts across 39 states. PTP is grassroots funded, with more than 2.2 million unique donors and an average contribution of $17.39.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.