Customer Support Specialist
You will partner with our Director of Customer Support to deliver exceptional customer experiences, manage a caseload of customer inquiries, and efficiently resolve issues in a 9-5 call center environment.
The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for the following
- Provide product support to customers via phone, email and chat using Automated Call Distribution, iTutor maintained knowledge base, customer facing training materials, remote access software, etc.
- Manage cases/tickets according to established departmental practices
- Meet or exceed all metrics and performance measurements
- Answer general questions regarding iTutor products and services
- Resolve issues and complete requests using internal resources in a timely manner
- Escalate or redirect technical issues beyond experience level to the appropriate team or team member
- Participate in ongoing proprietary product training and certification programs
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University. Educator experience preferred.
- 2+ years of customer support in a call center or help desk role support omnichannel
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and talk or hear in noisy environments.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail and able to adhere to a set deadline
- Strong initiative and ability to self-manage
- Soft skills ability to fill in the voids and gaps in conversation with appropriate small talk
- Experience with change management process, proven ability to support multiple business systems and multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a varied audience
- Ability to maintain customer focus in the midst of difficult circumstances (provides a high level of professionalism and customer service in all dealings with customers)
- Excellent teamwork skills
A leading educational technology and instructional delivery company, iTutor’s mission is to transform student’s lives by providing the highest quality educational support everywhere at any time. We partner with school districts and college access programs across the U.S. to expand school walls with real-time, personalized online learning through the use of advanced technology and our community of State-Certified Teachers.
iTutor offers its employees a highly collaborative, transparent, and fully remote work environment. All team members receive unlimited paid time off (PTO), stock options, company-paid life insurance, and access to medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and voluntary life insurance coverage options. We continue to improve and expand our total rewards package and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment that empowers each individual and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. Show more Show less