Digital Marketing Specialist
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will
be part of a team that creates and implements digital marketing and fundraising
campaigns for non-profit organization clients. This talented person must understand
the many facets of digital media and the role it plays in the non-profit
fundraising space. You will be, in effect, helping to change the world!
Working with teammates, clients, and suppliers (freelancers, consultants), you
will help creative, drive and implement a number of campaign components, including
email, social, search, and display. In this position, we are specifically looking for
someone with a good understanding of email campaign development and implementation.
Must have strong excel and analytical skills to compliment the other members
of the team.
Key duties/responsibilities of Digital Marketing Specialist:
Deliver proactive account management with non-profit clients, establish goals and objectives to
develop digital programs and strategy to grow revenue through digital
2. Develop deep understanding of each client’s mission/organization and provide ideas/methods as well as ongoing solutions to increase revenue through unique fundraising
3. Very strong understanding of email campaign development, project management and implementation as well as knowledge of HTML coding and editing.
Ability to implement
campaigns in email service providers such as MailChimp, Pardot, Qgiv, Classy or
similar. Bonus if you have experience working with other non-profit focused donation processing/email technology such as FundraiseUp, Network for Good, ViewSpark, NXT or Luminate and/or databases i.e. Raisers Edge, Blackbaud, or Salesforce.
5. Ability to monitor and analyze client’s campaign performance on an ongoing basis to ensure targets and KPI’s are being met. After completion, pull, aggregate and interpret marketing
data from several platforms including email, donation platform, digital media,
database, Google Analytics and others.
6. Basic understanding of Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DSPs such as Stack Adapt or Centro, and/or campaign management efficiency tools. Bonus for advanced
knowledge, management and troubleshooting skills!
7. Understand how to maximize budget and opportunity for each campaign.
8. Supervise staff (including freelancers) to assure prompt and accurate execution of campaigns.
9. Monitoring and chasing work progress.
10. Use the Internet to research competition, competitive issues, products, and industry trends.
11. Find and develop client leads and relationships.
12. Travel to industry events and client visits as needed (2-5 times per year).
13. Tight client deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
Strong digital media tool/platform knowledge.
Outstanding relationship building, and communication skills required.
Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics.
Analytically minded and have the ability to crunch numbers in Excel, interpret metrics
and translate them into key takeaways.
Excellent organizational skills.
Traffic/project management software/systems knowledge such as SmartSheets a plus.
Nonprofit experience preferred
Must have implemented email campaigns for at least two years
Must have at least 5 year experience working in an agency environment.
Must have a 4 year college degree in marketing/business management/math.
Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Access knowledge preferred)
Must have advanced Excel skills using formula functions pivot tables, macros and others.
The work offers high levels of responsibility and excellent opportunities for
promotion into consultant or senior managerial positions.