Scale Operations Manager
The Scale Operations Manager will play a multi-faceted and instrumental role in carrying out one of Imagine’s primary goals: to support the management of our operations in multiple countries and locations in order to ensure high-quality implementation at all sites; to support the development and continuous improvement of the systems and processes that facilitate effective operations at scale ; and to support the expansion of our portfolio of hardware (e.g. tablets) and software (i.e. educational content) to enable us to serve more students around the world. The successful candidate will join a small and talented team that is partnering with world class software developers, program implementers, research advisors, and decision makers who are working to empower every child, everywhere to achieve their full potential.
The Scale-Operations Manager will report directly to the Director of Scale. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with the core team and implementation partners with overall project management of scale programs, from project creation, to planning, to execution, and completion.
- Train our implementation partners and their teams on adopting and using the systems we develop to enable us to manage at-scale programs efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with the core team to document and share learnings from scale operations across multiple countries and locations.
- Work with the Director of Scale to identify, develop, implement, and continuously improve systems and processes to enable operations at scale to be efficient while continuing to deliver high quality implementation and impact.
- When system creation requires engagement of external partners, identify suitable partners, and manage them throughout creation of those systems to ensure delivery of a high-quality product.
- Support the selection of potential new hardware and software partners by conducting evaluations of their organizations, education content, cost, quality, and efficiency against the needs of our programs and students.
- When new providers are selected, liaise with them to manage the delivery of the product, and share feedback from our team and our partners to support continuous improvement of the products.
- University/bachelor's degree required;
- 3-7 years of full-time work experience, preferably in business strategy and operations, technology, development, or other relevant fields.
- 3-5 years’ experience in program management, coordination, implementation and monitoring with a successful track record of leading and managing programs and creating and improving systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, across languages and cultures
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines to meet deliverables
- Independent self-starter with high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated high degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to manage external partners
- Experience with in the African education or development sector, through government or non-government delivery partners
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Imagine
- Demonstrated commitment to equity of educational access and outcomes
- Global sensitivity and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- High level of integrity
- Action-oriented, self-motivated, with proven ability to take initiative
- Collaborative team player; clear and proactive communicator
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Flexible, but preference for being based in Africa, and willing to travel frequently.
- Flexible, non-traditional hours: Your total daily hours will match the standard workday, but a non-traditional schedule will be required to work with a global team that spans from the US West Coast to East Africa.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristen Stipe at. In the subject line of your email, please write “Your Name : Scale-Operations Manager.” The deadline to apply is 31 October 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
* * *
Imagine Worldwide is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.