About this role:
As Information Technology Specialist, you will be responsible for helping Via manage the tools and technologies we’re using across our offices in the US and abroad, as well as running a support desk for our New York team.
What You’ll Do:
- Continuously refine Via’s San Francisco information technology systems and infrastructure by working closely with team members to troubleshoot tech issues and provide white glove service for our team.
- Ensure a positive and smooth onboarding experience for new employees by setting up their tools and technology, and manage offboarding for outgoing employees.
- Help manage and train new users on the rollout of new tools and technology.
- Work with our business operations team to help set up new Via offices across the US and abroad.
- Manage user access and permissions to Via’s Cloud apps on a rolling basis as our team continues to grow.
Who You Are:
- A tinkerer, mindful of risk and IT security, but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- A natural leader with a low ego and a sense of humor. You live to solve large and complex problems, but you don’t mind fixing somebody’s laptop.
- Experience supporting 50-100 employees and managing enterprise-level tools and technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS operating systems.
- Experience managing Cloud service tools such as G Suite, Okta, and other SaaS tools
- Proficiency with managing computer networking, Wi-Fi access points, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, and security tools
- Coming with 1-3 years experience in a similar IT role
- Bachelor’s Degree with a track record of high academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- You see yourself as an emerging leader in the IT space, even if you haven’t worked at this scale before.
- Experience with AWS and JAMF a plus.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.