Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose. In 2015 Project Wayfinder wasto answer this call. We partner with educators to design innovative learning experiences that foster meaningful relationships and guide students to navigate their lives with purpose. With our fifth academic year upon us, our have journeyed to over 40,000 students, 2500 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries. For more background on our origin see of Wayfinder in KQED’s Mindshift.
We are a fast-moving organization that is scaling up sales/outreach in a variety of locations across the country, primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston Area. We are an entirely remote organization. As such, this role can be anywhere in North America.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organizations larger sense of purpose.
by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value equity, diversity, and inclusion. This is represented primarily in three ways: our curriculum, our staff, and our schools.
Curriculum: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Ouris composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences. We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array offrom traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Project Wayfinder is looking for an Operations Associate to join our team who is detail and systems oriented, able to wear multiple hats, and execute detailed administrative projects related to finance, fulfilment and general operations.
We are aiming to double our school partners in each of the next three years. This summer we will be serving more than 60,000 students across the world. Therefore, we need a growing, motivated team to help us achieve these goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES: WHAT YOU WOULD DO
Complete a variety of everyday tasks under the direction of the Operations/HR team including, but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable + customer support and communication
- Order fulfillment (digital and physical product) + customer support and communication
- Bank deposits
- Edit and update digital contracts
- Salesforce updates + data collection
- Remote training registration + communication w/ participants
- Post open positions to hiring platforms
- Internal tech support
- Event planning support
- Streamline company processes
- Provide administrative support to VP, Director + CEO
- Experience (1-2 years) in operations or an administrative job function, handling AR/AP, or similar roles providing high touch admin support to their company or customers
- Experience using Quickbooks Online to issue invoices a plus
- Technology savvy and able to use a variety of software tools such as Google Suites, Quickbooks, Trello, Slack, Docusign and Salesforce
- Passion and energy to support the fast growing pace of the company. Ability to quickly change priorities
- Strong verbal, written, customer service and organizational skills
- Experience working in a rapid growth startup environment a plus
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Welcomes Feedback: Ability to welcome and appreciate direct feedback and collaboration.
- Attention to Detail: Extremely attentive to detail and nuance.
- Self-Motivated: Consistent and relentless self-starter who takes initiative while knowing when to ask for support and direction.
- Organized: You are going to be working across multiple projects, so a high level of organization is essential.
- Flexible: Comfortable pivoting quickly to meet the needs of our school partners.
- Personal Growth: Demonstrated commitment to meaning-making and purpose in your own life outside of work
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
PLEASE NOTE: Only applications with a resume and cover letter will be considered.