Sem and Social Media Insights Assistant - Temporary, Remote
Sanky Communications, Inc. creates innovative and effective fundraising campaigns for nonprofits.
We are looking for a detail-driven individual with strong multi-tasking skills to join our team as a temporary Insights Assistant through the end of 2021 into early 2022 (with the possibility of becoming a full-time position). You will work with the Insights team helping monitor marketing/communications strategies and fundraising campaigns for several different nonprofit clients. Areas of focus include search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing, and some data compilation and analysis. The ideal candidate has some knowledge of these areas and is eager to learn. This is a perfect opportunity for someone interested in digital marketing, data and analytics, and who is pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector.
Among other responsibilities, the Data/Social/SEM Insights Assistant will:
- Track spending against budget for search and social campaigns and monitor daily/weekly spends for adherence to budgets.
- Monitor campaign progress for SEM and social using Google Analytics and/or other tools.
- Monitor KPIs in the Google Ads and Bing Ads platforms and report back to the Insights team with findings.
- Analyze data in real time and compile a list of recommended actions to further optimize SEM and social campaigns.
- Look for new fundraising opportunities within SEM and social media platforms based on the data.
- Use Sanky’s project management tool (Basecamp) ensuring internal teams are properly kept up to date on task progress and that all communications are documented in the platform.
- Pending experience, assist in launching SEM and social media components as part of fundraising campaigns and monitor progress to help identify optimizations as needed.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, capable of meeting tight deadlines, and working calmly under pressure.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Word and Excel (in a Windows environment), including experience building formulas and comparing data in Excel, as well as working with pivot tables in Word.
- A strong communicator, including the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and prepare documents that are coherent, grammatically correct, and professional.
- A fast learner, problem solver, and someone who loves a challenge.
- Patient, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience with nonprofits and/or digital acquisition tools (e.g., Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ad Manager, etc.) is a plus.
- Google Ads search and/or display certification not necessary but is a plus.
Entry level or early-career
Submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Temp Insights Assistant” in the subject line). Note that your cover letter will be reviewed as a writing sample, and should reflect your best work.
No calls please!