Bedrock is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. We’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth's ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
Background and Overview
Bedrock is looking for its first Product Lead role to own Mosaic, the world’s first cloud software platform for seafloor survey data. The Product Lead will work directly alongside the CEO.
A single file directory as in a traditional cloud storage platform (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) is not the best way to manage enormous quantities (TBs or even PBs in some cases) of geospatial seafloor survey data. We’re building a single platform purpose-built for the data workflows required to use seafloor data (sonar & magnetometer), and then effectively manage, archive, and share that data with relevant parties. This is the first step to a global “library” and suite of value-add services that can be built on top of this data once it’s properly organized.
Ocean exploration is just an interpretation of seafloor data at scale, and that backbone will live in Mosaic.
You’re an experienced digital product obsessive & strategic thinker who is comfortable defining a compelling product vision and designing a measurable strategy to achieve that vision. You have experience working on b2b software products in a startup environment, and you know how to take a product from concept to market. You take a human-centered approach to Product and understand how to balance user needs, business goals and technical implementation. You possess a strong sense and eye for design and great UI/UX.
- 7+ years of experience in SaaS or geospatial product org.
- Work closely with the CEO to create and own the Mosaic product strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with our Product Designer to create an industry-leading UI.
- Analyze market demand and market fit, do competitive analysis, and identify strategic opportunities for product opportunities and growth.
- Identify and proactively monitor and address product risks.
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers and software engineers to ensure Mosaic meets our audience’s needs.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and beta users to understand and deliver on the unique technical requirements of subsea surveying data management.
- Manage an engineering backlog in collaboration with developers, designers, and product stakeholders.
- Manage the release process and cross-functional dependencies.
- This includes bridging gaps between different functions within the company as well as aligning marketing, sales, and customer support.
- Evaluate ideas and ensure that feedback and requests are integrated into the product planning and development process.
- You communicate and manage the status of ideas back to your customers, partners, and internal teammates who submitted them.
- Initially working as the first line of customer success and ultimately building out that team.
Explore the last true frontier left on Earth with us
We’re seeking ultra-determined people who aren’t afraid to pioneer new solutions and challenge conventional assumptions. Most of all, we're looking for high-quality, good human beings with low egos.
Bedrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bedrock determines employment on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.