Director Of Finance and Administration
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP), the director of finance and administration will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support Alteristic’s strategic objectives. She or he will be responsible for the oversight of administrative and financial systems including finance, accounting, contracts, information systems, human resources, and training logistics support. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance and Administration will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives.
This is a remote position. Alteristic offers a very competitive benefits package including health, retirement, and generous PTO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for Alteristic’s leadership.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, accounts payable and receivable, and cash flow.
- Manage internal staff and external accounting firm; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- ·Oversee the contract management function at Alteristic.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute a wide variety of service contracts, liaising with external attorneys when necessary.
- Serve as a business partner to Alteristic leadership on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Lead Alteristic’s operations staff to design and implement the technology needs of the organization.
- Oversee overall support of program and training needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Finance, or Accounting
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Experience should include contracts, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Alteristic’s mission.
HOW TO APPLY:Interested candidates should submit a resume andletter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please put Director of Finance and Administrationin the subject line. Apply as soon as possible as resumes are evaluated and interviews scheduled as applications are received.Alteristic values and respects the diverse viewpoints and experiences and individual differences of all people. Alteristic is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested job seekers to apply.