Executive Assistant To Vice President Of External Relations
About Global Greengrants Fund: Global Greengrants Fund (GGF) is a Boulder, Colorado based public charity that mobilizes resources to communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work toward an equitable world. We believe solutions to environmental harm and social injustice come from the people whose lives are most impacted. Every day, our global community of people on the front lines and donors comes together to support people to protect their ways of life and our planet. Because when local people have a say in the health of their food, water, and resources, they are forces for change. Since our founding over 25 years ago, we have made more than 14,000 grants in 168 countries, mobilizing more than $100 million to support the work of local groups. Global Greengrants Fund is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and workforce.
Position Overview: The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Vice President of External Relations (VPER) by performing functions such as preparing correspondence, handling confidential information, arranging conference calls and meetings, corresponding with donors and partners, helping with special projects, handling travel logistics, taking notes at meetings, editing and proofreading, handling information requests, and conducting research.
· Manages and coordinates a complex calendar of appointments, bookings, and scheduling demands for the VPER
· Organizes emails, assists with and writes correspondence, and prepares other documents for donors and colleagues of the VPER, editing and proofreading as necessary
· Reviews monthly status of revenue, projected vs. actual, to help ensure targets are met
· Coordinates travel schedule, books flights/hotels, obtains visas and handles logistical arrangements for the VPER. Compiles documents for travel-related meetings
· Prepares the VPER expense reports
· Updates and maintains VPER’s social media accounts and collaborates with the Communications team on Greengrants’ organizational accounts, as needed
· Updates donor database with any VPER donor action and ensures all VPER donor related deadlines are met
· Provides research for the VPER as necessary
· Provides administrative support to the board of director committees that are working with the VPER
· Manages and schedules internal and external meetings of the VPER; working closely with other administrative and support staff in many cases
· Aides in the coordination of other meetings sponsored or managed by Greengrants (i.e., Staff Retreats, Board Meetings, etc.) including communications, logistical and travel arrangements
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
· Maintains confidentiality in all matters
· Other tasks as assigned, including acting as a personal assistant to the VPER (i.e., organizing personal appointments, making lunch arrangements, etc.).
· Previous work experience with working in an administration or executive support role
· Experience organizing meetings, arranging international travel, and managing budgets
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
· Strong writing, proofing and editing skills. Ability to adjust tone and style to appropriately address a variety of audiences
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite; with expertise in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and database management systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
· Excellent communication and people skills in person, over the phone, via email and social media
· Detail oriented, outstanding project and time management skills
· Able to work as a part of a team, as well as independently, and handle requests from multiple parties, often on tight timelines
· Bachelor’s degree
· Three to five years of experience supporting senior level executives in a non-profit organization
· Experience working with foundation, individual and corporate donors
· Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
· Excellent problem solver
· Positive attitude and an eagerness to learn new skills
· Commitment and understanding of the Greengrants mission.
This is a full time (40hrs/week) exempt position located in Global Greengrants Fund’s Boulder, Colorado office with possibility of remote working. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Vice President of External Relations.
Direct Reports: None