Blueprint North Carolina is the non-partisan civic engagement table in North Carolina. Formally launched in 2007, we are a network of 57 non-profit, non-partisan organizations working together across issues and racial lines to advance equity and social justice in North Carolina. We provide opportunities for training, resource sharing, and convening for partner organizations that use civic engagement and education to advocate for a healthy democracy that works to remove barriers and to provide the resources communities need to achieve opportunity, security and well-being.
The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with various contact tools used by the table and it’s partners including (but not limited to) the VAN (Voter Activation Network), Thrutalk, Thrutext, Reach, Empower, and any other tools the table may acquire. This will include the administration, basic training, and technical assistance in order to help partners and affiliate organizations implement their voter/supporter engagement work, including advising on the use of these tools. This position will work at the direction of the state Data Manager.
- Providing everyday Voter Activation Network (VAN) support and troubleshooting for table and partner organizations (staff & volunteers)
- VAN administration and cleanup and maintenance.
- Train partners and table staff on VAN and other tools, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data.
- Work with partner organizations to establish and maintain best practices and standards for data collection, data acquisition, and preservation.
- Develop “how-to” one-pagers / videos
- Provide basic VAN trainings (in person and on the web)
- Create and maintain documentation for the Data Department
- Work with table staff to maintain the database of active partners and staff
- Assist in assessing and implementing data integration into program
- Be an active member of the progressive community in North Carolina
- 1-2 years experience in labor, political or community organizing, and political campaigns preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral, and written communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) and Excel skills preferred. Familiarity with online electoral tools such as Catalist and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Experience conducting training on technical matters in a clear, engaging manner.
Blueprint NC is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, economic class, or status as a formerly convicted/incarcerated person.