Help ASAP expand our fundraising efforts at a time of immense growth and opportunity! We are looking for an excellent project manager with strong attention to detail and follow-through to join our team as ASAP’s first Development Director. The Development Director will supervise a full-time Development Associate/Grant Writer and work closely with ASAP’s Co-Executive Directors.
The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) is the largest membership organization of asylum seekers in the United States, with over 170,000 members from more than 150 countries. Thousands more asylum seekers become ASAP members each week, joining a collective effort to build a United States that welcomes individuals fleeing violence. For more information, visit our website at.
ASAP currently has a staff of 20 and a budget of $3.2 million. We have nearly doubled in size each year since our founding in 2015 and expect to continue on a pace of rapid growth.
Remote workplace, location flexible in the United States.
- Lead ASAP’s efforts to raise at least $3.2 million per year from diverse sources, including private foundations, individuals, and companies.
- Coordinate grant applications and reporting.
- Make and execute donor stewardship plans.
- Identify and cultivate new fundraising prospects.
- Run online giving campaigns and events.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are maintained, including through a donor database.
- Manage ASAP’s overall fundraising program, supervising a full-time Development Associate/Grant Writer and supporting the Executive Team.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Team to set and achieve goals, helping the organization be sustainable and responsive to new opportunities.
- 3+ years of prior project management and/or fundraising experience.
- Exceptional logistical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Creative and strategic problem solver.
- Thrive in a startup environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Comfort with technology.
- Passion for ASAP’s mission.