Senior Specialist, Strategic Sourcing 🔥
Who We Are
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For more than 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a detail oriented Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist who enjoys forming relationships, solving sourcing challenges, growing efficiencies, and supplier negotiation. Our ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, can successfully collaborate with internal/external partners to achieve desired outcomes, has experience crafting and soliciting product/service vendor Request for Proposals (RFPs), and strives to make a positive impact on the overall strategic mission of FIRST.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You will work in close collaboration with Partner Services Managers of our Strategic Partner, LEGO Education to support and foster growth worldwide. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
This role has the ability to be a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
- Creates and issues Purchase Orders and/or Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) for the required commodities or services.
- Crafts and solicits Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to vendors, negotiates prices, recommends purchases, and acquires the best possible prices while adhering to quality, service, and reliability standards.
- Performs negotiations when a fair or reasonable price cannot be determined by adequate competition, or for single/sole source procurement. Considers cost, price, schedule, quality and other applicable terms and conditions.
- Prepares negotiation strategies and plans, identifies, evaluates and arranges single/sole source procurement.
- Works collaboratively with all departments to establish supplier contracts that support their strategic sourcing goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages a reliable supplier base that provides outstanding service, quality, and pricing.
- Assists in the review of supplier contracts and provides support and/or recommendations as required.
- BS/BA in related field with 7 years of directly related experience or master’s degree and 5 years of directly related experience
- Knowledgeable professional, concerned with problems that have a direct and important effect on business programs and results
- Serves as consultant to management on major matters pertaining to policies, plans, and objectives
- State-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an.