Senior Sales Development Representative 🔥
Participate is a fast-growing social learning start-up based in Chapel Hill, NC. We help organizations build custom online communities for engaging and collaborative professional learning. At Participate, we believe that investing in educators means investing in safer, healthier, and more equitable communities and societies. We come to work each day because we want to build more sustainable (and fun) ways to learn, and we put our core values into everything we do and every decision we make: create bold and meaningful solutions, work together for the greater good, grow from successes and failures and be kind.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and results-driven sales professional experienced in prospecting, lead qualification, and closing deals to join our growing sales team. You will be accountable for inbound and outbound sales of primarily small to mid-sized accounts. As a key member of our organization, you’ll focus on developing and closing new business opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Outbound lead generation and Inbound lead handling in an authentic, creative way
- Qualify and develop a robust sales pipeline
- Schedule and conduct sales calls and demos
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to develop regular strategic plans to meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Provide relevant market research to the team in support of strategy development
- Maintain and update prospect records in our CMS to ensure accurate reports
- Communicate and identify areas in the sales process for improvement
- Develop, write, and edit sales documents
- 2-4 years proven experience selling deals with multiple client touches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and value proposition development
- Excellent product demonstration and presentation skills
- Patience and persistence in generating and cultivating leads
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, marketing automation software, CRM and/or CMS)
- Strong time management, follow-up, and organizational skills
- Comfort managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience selling in education markets or education technology a plus
We value your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role.
Our values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Participate is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our employees and our organization thrive when we do this right. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, customers, and users. We do this through building products that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
A foundational part of our work is to bring people together in community and conversation around things that matter so we can learn with and from each other. We continue to educate ourselves about our shared history so that we can better understand the systemic inequities we continue to face today and take action to create a more equitable workplace, organization, and world.
Pay & Perks
Participate offers a collaborative, fun company culture as well as a full slate of benefits including competitive salary offerings, stock options, flexible vacation time, health insurance, parental leave, professional development stipends, and adoption benefits. As a member of the sales team, you will receive additional bonuses based on performance.
Process to apply
Please include a resume and cover letter addressing the following:
1. What interests you about our company?
2. What sales experience have you had in the past that is most similar to this role?