Deployment Operations Lead 🔥
At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $5 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Deployment Operations Lead to join our Philanthropic Services Team, who manage the transfer of money in and money out of our funds as well as overseeing investments in Donor Advised Funds, to be a strategic thought partner to our Philanthropic Services Director and provide operational leadership across the team. You’ll analyse data and generate reports to inform and influence strategy, manage workflows for our Contributions & Grant-Making work, act as the team representative to the wider business, and you’ll be responsible for taking our team’s big ideas and executing projects to bring them to life.
This is a varied role focused on continually improving our Philanthropic Services offering and maintaining a high-quality of output. As such you will work with our Philanthropic Services Director to establish where you will need to focus, but we anticipate you will be required to:
- Lead the launch of our new Donor Portal, collaborating with our Product & Engineering Teams on design and leading on testing and implementation
- Own our Grants & Contributions data, including data mining, maintaining and creating new dashboards, running regular reports and working across departments to create new reports
- Manage specific projects such as transitioning gifts records from paper records into our database, solving negative balances, etc.
- Define, refine, document and own all deployment processes
- Act as gate-keeper of our Deployment inbox, delegating correspondence as necessary to ensure that the team remains focussed on their individual roles. You’ll assign tasks and track inwards and outward-facing communications.
- Experience managing and improving donor portals.
- Strong data analysis skills, and the understanding of how and when to use data to answer which questions.
- Experience serving a wider team with the data that they need and reports that help them in their work.
- The confidence to work autonomously, handling high-levels of complexity.
- Attention to detail - you’ll be responsible for making sure all contributions are correctly recorded.
- Significant experience using enterprise systems/CRMs, ideally Salesforce.
- Some experience in line management/mentoring others would be a plus (although not essential)!
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working:
We ask that applicants to this role are based in San Francisco, with no expectation for you to attend an office on a regular basis. If you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role. On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.