Junior Community Manager 🔥
At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $5 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Junior Community Manager to join our growing, global Community team, who are responsible for guiding our members through their philanthropic journey towards maximised impact! Reporting to our Head of Community, you’ll be supporting our Community Managers, who are the first point of contact for our members once they’ve signed their pledge. You’ll eventually manage a portfolio of our US-based members, building meaningful and impactful relationships with founders and entrepreneurs!
You’ll be responsible for:
As Junior Community Manager, you’ll spend 50% of your time supporting the operations/administration of the Community Team and 50% of your time starting to build relationships with members. As you develop, you’ll start to autonomously manage these relationships and interactions. You’ll be:
- Maintaining Salesforce, our CRM - logging interactions with members (which occur either via email or call), recording exit details and ensuring data is entered correctly.
- Conducting vital research, e.g. member biographies, deep-dives and preparation for member welcome calls.
- Managing our inbound/outbound emails, sending personalised invitations, welcome emails and either responding to or delegating inbound correspondence.
- Attending events on both the East and West Coast (usually San Francisco or New York City) and ensuring that members are invited to the events that most resonate with them.
- Maintaining excellent data records that both enable you to fully understand our members while also ensuring that every other team who interacts with them has all the relevant information at their fingertips.
- Undertaking welcome calls with members who have just signed their pledge, understanding their motivations for giving and their philanthropic needs and tailoring their experience to optimise for impactful giving.
- Meeting with our members (both in-person and virtually) to help them engage with Founders Pledge through our events, connecting them to charities, involving their families in their philanthropic journey, and much more.
- An understanding of what great customer service looks like! You can use empathy and tact to build relationships and can show evidence of how you’ve done this in a previous people-facing/customer service role.
- A genuine passion for people and understanding their motivations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of knowledge/data management.
- The ability to work autonomously and ‘get things done’ in a team support role.
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working.
If successful, you’d be working closely with members in San Francisco, as well as across on the East Coast. Therefore you’ll need to be within a commutable distance of San Francisco and excited to travel. There’d be no expectation for you to attend our office on a regular basis, so you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need, but you would be expected to attend events and meetings in San Francisco and travel as necessary. If you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space closer to your home, this can also be arranged.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.