Job Title: Copywriter
Work Location: Dallas, TX or Portland, ME
Education/Experience Required: Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferably writing for consumer audiences
- Seeking a mid-level integrated copywriter for a full-time position to develop marketing content for our merchant partners and the brand.
- Must have print, digital, and social media experience. Highly conceptual, strategic, and capable of writing both long and short format copy (product content, web content, marketing content, etc.)
- You will report directly to the Creative Director.
- You will work closely with our Creative Services, Consumer Engagement, and Account Management teams.
- You're tenacious and full of strategic ideas
- You're a strong writer capable of articulating a clear and linear story
- You always want to improve the work
- You laugh a lot
- You're self-motivated and nimble
- You're proactive and seek out rather than waiting for things to come to you
- You're multi-dimensional and always learning
- You're "in the know " about current trends and behaviors
- You can prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- You're a strong proofreader and editor willing to do so across all platforms
- Write copy for assigned projects that is on strategy, in a voice that is on-brand, compelling, distinctive, and synergistic with the design
- Proofread all assignments at all phases of execution
- Collaborate with team in a positive and productive manner including partnering with designers
- Concept, create and edit original copy including digital experiences (app & web), landing pages, emails, ads, presentations, infographics, and more
- Edit content to ensure grammatical accuracy, message clarity, and a consistent voice throughout all product and marketing content
- Conduct research and analyze trends to formulate ideas and support writing
- Participate in and contribute to new campaigns and the development/ evolution of the product (i.e. brainstorm sessions, concepting big ideas, etc.)
- Execute against a product roadmap and editorial calendar to meet aggressive deadlines.
- BA/BS Degree in copywriting, journalism, or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferably writing for consumer audiences
- Strong command of the English language, while understanding advertising and marketing language
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Exceptional ability to take complex technical content and make it digestible.
- Computer proficiency; knowledge of MS Word, Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required with relevant experience
- Experience working with multiple brands
- General understanding of SEO best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects
- Traditional agency background a plus
- Abilities demonstrated via portfolio
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.