Digital Copywriter and Content Contractor 🔥
About 50+1 Strategies
50+1 Strategies is a San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. based political consulting firm looking for top talent to join our team as a contractor. We operate at the local, state and national levels to elect Democratic candidates, advance critical issues at the ballot box, and support causes that create positive change.
In nearly ten years, we have risen to become one of the nation’s most successful political consulting firms. 50+1 Strategies has worked with inspiring clients like Planned Parenthood, the ACLU and Black Lives Matter, successfully elected dozens of Democratic candidates like Governor Gavin Newsom and Assemblymembers Buffy Wicks and David Chiu, and built organizing programs for inspiring national organizations like Everytown and More Than a Vote.
Our team is made up of diverse professionals that have demonstrated success in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. We pride ourselves on being a full-service civic engagement firm that brings heart and hustle to everything we do. We aim to build both issue and electoral campaigns that reflect the communities around them, empower and strengthen volunteer leadership, and engage people in a meaningful way.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applications without a resume or writing sample will not be considered.
Summary of Job
50+1 is looking to hire a Digital Copywriter/Content Contractor to assist our digital and communications teams in serving the needs of all of our clients. If you have an attention to detail, a strong appreciation for comms, copywriting, and strategic support, as well as a passion for electing fantastic Democrats/passing critical legislation, please apply! You’ll report to our VP of Communications and work closely with our Communications and Digital Strategist(s).
Position is approximately ~20 hours per week, as needed.
Time zone: Will need to be able to work PST hours
Location: Remote, ideally based in California or Washington, DC
- This is a long-term contract position, starting immediately.
- Benefits will not be provided
- Supporting our firm’s digital communications work, as it pertains to email, social media, advocacy tool copy and other forms of online communications.
- Managing digital communications client work and deliverables as assigned (to include but not limited to: surveys, toolkits, posts in various formats [video, static, carousel, etc.] on all platforms, content calendars, email copy, website copy, action page copy, texting/phone program copy, signature campaign copy, social media copy, landing pages, fundraising pages, etc..
- Managing lower-level communications with multiple internal staff members daily
- Copywriting, proofing, QA’ing and identifying the right tone and voice of digital comms.
- Editing and submitting for approval multiple pieces of client-facing content per week, generating content as needed on a case-by-case basis
- Reporting back on digital communications work to internal staff and clients as requested
- Drafting compelling email content with a strong call to action
- Pitching producing, and maintaining content calendars, toolkits, and schedules, as well as brainstorming potential topics for emails and social media posts
- Contractor must track hours in Toggl (in detail - client, task, duration, etc), and share those hours with COO/Ops Department
- Contractor must meet ongoing and competing deadlines for multiple clients, while maintaining work quality and accuracy, within a reasonable time.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital communications, advertising, political science and/or 1-2 cycles of political campaign experience
- Strong background in writing/communications.
- 2-5 years of relevant, full-time work experience
- Experience reporting findings/insights/developing recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and punctuality/ability to meet deadlines
- Experience writing in multiple voices, including those of high-profile candidates or causes
- Hands-on experience drafting copy, identifying tone and voice, speaking to different audiences
50+1 Strategies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and we value our inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals from all races, religions, gender identities, sexual orientations, age, national origins, immigration/marital/veteran/disability statuses.