Data Analyst - Bct Data Analytics Team 🔥
Data Analysts work closely with the Chief Data Scientist and Data Analytics team to build Precision models, in collaboration with subject matter experts working with and/or for client organizations. This includes projects with government agencies, philanthropic organizations, and/or nonprofits to leverage administrative and other data sets to build precision analytics models. The incumbents use their analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and report on large data sets and use the information to develop data driven solutions for clients’ difficult business challenges. Data Analysts can expect to support a full lifecycle of activity including data discovery, collection, analysis and visualization. Activities include organizing and manipulating data across disparate data sources, analyzing data sets, performing queries on data, and building views, dashboards, reports to share insights.
ETL and Data Transformation
- Acquire, compile and aggregate data from primary and/or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data system.
- Manipulate data and identify, analyze and interpret trends or patters in complex data sets.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Develop various data models
- Construct weighted variables to data matrices
- Data Model Tuning and Optimization
- Build and deploy machine learning models onto external data systems
- Developing quality assurance checks and balances to ensure correctness and accuracy.
- Understanding of various formulas and algorithms to support data interpretation.
- Developing BCT Partners internal processes and capacity around data analytics.
- 5+ years professional experience in a technical, statistical or data centric role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, statistic, analytics or other related fields from an accredited college or university; graduate degrees a plus.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to analyze and interpret data insights.
- Proven analytical problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and projects independently and proactively.
- Professional demeanor, respectful manner and good interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in virtual and in-person environments.
- Strong communication skills when writing and speaking; adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio; demonstrated capability and experience using MS Project, MS SharePoint and MS Teams; must adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Experience within data manipulation using database, business intelligence and spreadsheet applications; working knowledge of database and data warehouse applications, including extraction (ETL) and querying skills.
- Basic knowledge of database applications and/or relational databases (e.g., MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) as well as database records, tables and fields.
- Experience in creating machine learning algorithms and evaluation frameworks to data sets.
BCT Partners’ mission is to provide insights about diverse people that lead to equity.
We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology, and analytics services. BCT works with government agencies, corporations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and foundations, and is one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following markets: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, children and families, health, education, and diversity, equity & inclusion.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and or/ veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally protected class. BCT Partners will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and invite all who are interested to apply.
For more information regarding BCT Partners' commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action please click here: