Lead Product Designer 🔥
We're seeking a passionate, creative, experienced Lead Product Designer to join Ripple's fast-growing design team. In this role, you will lead and create compelling, user-focused experiences, services, and products that solve complex problems. In addition, you will have experience leading design projects, collaborating with teams and stakeholders through design thinking processes. You'll also be playing a critical role in scaling our new brand design system process and culture throughout Ripple in conjunction with a team of multidisciplinary designers, producers and brand strategists.
Our design team supports product and experiential development across multiple business units within Ripple, including RippleNet and RippleX. As the Lead Product Designer, you will be working closely with the RippleX Product and Engineering team to create tools, services, and programs to integrate digital currencies and other sources of value into apps for new businesses, including CBDCs, developer tools, NFTs, digital payments, and more.
The RippleX team designs, builds and participates in open networks democratizing the world of payments, helping money move as easily as data does today. As part of this mission, the RippleX business group oversees and contributes to the development of a variety of open source technologies and protocols, including the XRP Ledger, a decentralized blockchain / cryptographic ledger powered by a network of peer-to-peer servers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create a compelling design vision for your product area and execute on your plan, collaborating with other designers, product managers, documentation writers, and a fast-moving team of developers who are passionate about user experience
- Facilitate requirements discussions with stakeholders and create alignment on design solutions - youll have a seat at the table from the very beginning
- Prototype experiences from start to finish, owning all aspects of the user experience - strategy, architecture, interaction design, and visual design
- Drive design process improvements in an Agile environment that enable the team to scale
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience and champion your ideas within your working group and across the company
- Approach designs from a systems perspective, developing patterns that get adopted by others
- Evolve Ripples holistic design system with engineers and the brand design team
- Become an expert on the end-to-end customer experience, performing research with users of the product and internal subject matter experts
- Create research-based deliverables that drive user empathy like user journey maps and profiles/personas
- Champion design thinking and user-centric practices across the company that improve the design of Ripple products and services
- Mentor designers within Ripples centralized design organization
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of experience of designing useful products for multiple types of use cases, including Enterprise applications
- A proven track record and a strong portfolio featuring examples of your work, your design process, and the outcomes/results
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a bias toward action -- theres tons of greenfield opportunity here, and youll need to lean into the ambiguity and lead projects to completion
- Enjoys working closely with an agile product and engineering team and others across the company to solve hard problems, actively multiplying others intelligence and surfacing their good ideas
- Great verbal and written communicator with the ability to write copy that is human, clear and concise
- Can craft engaging presentations and can influence stakeholders and audiences at all levels of the organization
- Moves effortlessly between developing and communicating high-level UX strategies and executing the fine details
- Driven by a deep understanding of how products get used, conducting research such as concept validation, contextual inquiry, and usability testing
- Takes on the detailed aspects of visual design such as icon design and illustration, or can direct visual designers toward solutions that balance form and function
- Experience designing products from the ground up and has an understanding of product designs role in creating user adoption and engagement to ensure a successful launch
- Values over-communication, especially when collaborating with remote coworkers located in different time zones across the globe
- Excited for the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective
PREFERRED, but not required:
- Experience with Service Design and documenting complex customer journeys and internal business processes
- Data visualization expertise
- Fintech experience, specifically in trading platforms
- An interest in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Franciscos Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice .